The Pointing Thread

Shame for Rose with Monsieur Gibraltar. But so pleased for the Braces. I spoke to David a couple of weeks ago when Robin last won and he was really only hoping that his grandson, Connor would have a safe season and maybe win the Wilkinson Sword trophy (a points based award). Instead he's taken the Novice Riders Championship with 21 winners including Robin des People, Pink Eyed Pedro, both on 5 wins and leading pointer, William Money who has won 7. He also stands Dr Massini, Vinnie Roe and Mountain High at his stud farm, Dunraven Stud.

Think it goes to Haydock next. Trainer thinks an awful lot of it. He's quite a character mind! (The trainer)

Trainer loves all his horses lol Joe is meant to be sending Irish Anthem to Haydock too so could be interesting.

Jockey bookings should be fine as presume Immy would be on IA and Tommie O'Brien Road To Rome.

Cousin Pete ran well in the Foxhunters last year but that was a huge career best effort. I backed Hazel Hill last night but not great value now.

IA & RTR's trainer likes Net D'Ecosse for what it's worth but it wouldn't be for me at the current price.

Martin

Shame for Rose with Monsieur Gibraltar. But so pleased for the Braces. I spoke to David a couple of weeks ago when Robin last won and he was really only hoping that his grandson, Connor would have a safe season and maybe win the Wilkinson Sword trophy (a points based award). Instead he's taken the Novice Riders Championship with 21 winners including Robin des People, Pink Eyed Pedro, both on 5 wins and leading pointer, William Money who has won 7. He also stands Dr Massini, Vinnie Roe and Mountain High at his stud farm, Dunraven Stud.

Lady at my gym told me her brother had a stud in Ireland what stood Vinnie Roe; must be that one then. Started keeping an eye on Vinnie Roes after that.

Lady at my gym told me her brother had a stud in Ireland what stood Vinnie Roe; must be that one then. Started keeping an eye on Vinnie Roes after that.

...Got confused; it's Longford House stud that her brother owns as he has Brian Boru as well...

Fenno's storm galloped him into the ground for trainer/rider Declan Queally.
Stand Up and Fight travelled well into the race but was outbattled on the tough Kilfeacle circuit.

Fenno's takes plenty of stoking and likes plenty of give so the Tetratema could be the aim once again.

Burning Ambition form holding up well if his trainer can be persuaded to have a tilt at the Foxhunters.

Last edited:
Belharbour is the only open this weekend so he might turn up there.

The hunter chase in which he finished second to Gilgamboa has been moved from Punchestown which would've been ideal timing for Cheltenham to the following weekend in Navan.

First they get frozen out from Leopardstown and now Punchestown. HRI race planning committee not too pushed about the hunter chase scene.

Colin Bowe hit the ground running today at Kirkistown for Gigginstown today.
His first runner Hell's Canyon a winner in the four year old maiden.

STAKER WALLACE 200 Nenagh.needs to win this I think to qualify for the foxhunters at Cheltenham.
Hes 20/1 nrnb with bet 365 for chelt.

He's in a winners of one, not the open. I'm not sure a win therefore would even qualify him for the Foxhunters?

I'm not 100% certain but you're on NRNB anyway.

Punchestown likely to be the aim if they can keep him sound.

A horse called The Last But One has just gone and won two different races at Wadebridge point to point this afternoon.

Think that's Tom Malone's? I see it most days going up to the gallops here. Presume one was a walkover.?

Not from what I can gather. Won with two different jockeys, Jo Supple and Will Biddick, and one race straight after the other.

Back