The Prix Jacques Le Marois

That was pretty stunning. I thought Rip Van Winkle had the Champion Milers crown sown up but that was just awesome.

Jesus christ almighty, that has to be one of the best performances over the mile in the last 10 years.

I want to see the time and how I rate the race once I have the technical result but better than 130 for sure, she is better than Zarkava and can be in bosra or Miesques league.

I remember after she won at Newmarket that I was worried about her temperment. Well she has shown real reluctance to go into the stalls in each of her races since but has been a complete professional once out of the stalls. Love the way she has put them to bed in two strides in each of her last outings.

I want to see the time and how I rate the race once I have the technical result but better than 130 for sure, she is better than Zarkava and can be in bosra or Miesques league.

I would be interested to see your final rating, Suny. Based on RPRs, I think a figure around 130-132 is probably likely, which would of course leave a colt needing a performance in the mid-130s to beat her.

Sounds like the Foret is next for her, strangely enough. I bet Paco Boy's connections could have done without hearing that!

Probably Gareth but makes for an intriguing match up. Far more so than a meeting with Rip (however good he is), testing her against the best over 7f (best sprinters and best milers)

A match with Rip Van Winkle would be a fantastic spectacle. Hopefully they'll both make it to the Breeders Cup. I'd far rather see a race like that rather than a combination of those she beat today, those that ran in the Maurice de Gheest and Paco Boy.

Absolutely fantastic. Jaw dropping stuff.

I wish I'd taken the 6/4 earlier in the week.

She'll be unbeatable back at Santa Anita.

Gladiatorus was woeful yet again.

Silver Frost goes out like a light after travelling like a dream too. Suspect something may have been amiss there

A match with Rip Van Winkle would be a fantastic spectacle. Hopefully they'll both make it to the Breeders Cup. I'd far rather see a race like that rather than a combination of those she beat today, those that ran in the Maurice de Gheest and Paco Boy.

Exactly...not sure why it is more exciting to see her try to beat lower rated horses than the one she would face at Ascot...I doubt they will run RIP in the mile at the Breeders Cup.

Back