The Road to the 2012 2000 Guineas

Plus Camelot was eased slightly before the line so you would expect the one coming at him to make a slight impression on his time. Had they gone another furlong Camelot would have won further.

Eased?

Thought he was hard ridden...

Lets not forget he was running uphill.

Lets not forget the slow pace and time, he should have been accelerating given his lack of maximum velocity endured throughout the early stages.

A horse that tires quickly off a slow pace in the worst time produced by a 2000 Guineas performer in the last 25 years is not a 5-4 shot for the derby.

He might not even stay 12f on that evidence.

No, I don't think it was a terrible field. I meant Camelot is far more likely to be another Golan than another Dancing Brave. I have him as cover in the Derby but I'm hoping Parish Hall can come out soon and show some credentials for the race.

I would agree Parish Hall is one of a small few to think about taking him on with. I actually had a bit on him after the Dewhurst. One or two others could be in the mix yet though.

the running uphill shouldn't come in to it if we are talking about comparing horse with horse

the final 3f splits after the 5f split clearly show Camelot is a good guineas winner when compared to previous winners splits

just saying it were slowing down isn't relevant to anything..its all about last 3f time compared to first 5f time.

i'm not getting your point Bruce..he ran faster in 5 sectionals than FF did,,what difference does 0.05 in the last make..he earned that.

Last edited:
Correct EC. I wasn't referring to you, I was pointing out that Camelot was seen to be slowing down at the end of the race because he was running up hill. Haven't checked, but I imagine every horse at Newmarket over the 2days was slowing down at the end.

Correct EC. I wasn't referring to you, I was pointing out that Camelot was seen to be slowing down at the end of the race because he was running up hill. Haven't checked, but I imagine every horse at Newmarket over the 2days was slowing down at the end.

yes last furlong always slower than the rest

i'm not sure what Bruce means by slowing down tbh...i assume he means that FF ran 0.05 faster in the last furlong..which doesn't really make up for the other furlongs that C ran faster than him

think he's on the wind up a bit yet again ;)

You seem to think I'm clueless when it comes to analysing times and I'm clearly failing to get my point across so I'll have to leave it there and let the experts continue the debate.

You seem to think I'm clueless when it comes to analysing times and I'm clearly failing to get my point across so I'll have to leave it there and let the experts continue the debate.

you just keep saying C slowed down..i don't know how you mean thats all.

its nowt to do with thinking you are clueless at all

Interesting that Hughsie thinks (today's RP) Camelot would have won 4l ridden more prominently, which is probably much closer to the horse's actual superiority than the raters would have us believe.
French Fifteen followers; be warned.:)

Last edited:
Interesting that Hughsie thinks (today's RP) Camelot would have won 4l ridden more prominently, which is probably much closer to the horse's actual superiority than the raters would have us believe.
French Fifteen followers; be warned.:)

first thoughts when watching the race was that Camelot was only just getting into top flight in the last furlong..whereas FF looked to be at full spurt to try and edge in front

think there is a lot to come yet from C

he can't win a guineas though..RP winners don't:lol:

he can't win a guineas though..RP winners don't:lol:

Makes you wonder the strength of the form that an RP winner actually did win a 2000 Guineas.

There's a reason why the record was there in the first place.

Makes you wonder the strength of the form that an RP winner actually did win a 2000 Guineas.

There's a reason why the record was there in the first place.

alternatively..he is only the 2nd to do it..which could suggest he's above average

as you feel so strong its a sh1t winner..then just lay him each time he runs Bruce

i don't fancy 5/4 in the Derby..but i'm not laying

Last edited:
It's interesting how you see the RP record beaten as a positive rather than a negative but I can assure you my balls are deep in laying Camelot whose just a truly shocking price for an average horse.

Coupe De Ville runs in the Poule D'Essai Des Poulains today and has to finish in the first three if Camelot's form is worth anything.

Oh dear Camelot backers!

Coupe De Ville finishes nearer last than first beaten by 27/1, 92/1, 66/1 and 30/1 shots!

Tracked the leader and found nothing...

Going to top up on my Camelot lay.

Last edited:
Well I can't even see one of the horses, so I'm not surprised!

b15866.jpg

Back