The Road to the 2012 2000 Guineas

I hold a strong opinion on things and I will only be granted the Talking Horses special access badge to this place when things unfold the way I've predicted them too or if I stumble across a job with a Trainer, popular Racing Media outlet.

Until then I am a complete outsider who strives to get his point across on a daily basis without being hounded into submission.

I've tried the soft approach but unfortunately my good nature was taken advantage off, I've tried the hard approach which has left some members upset at the way the forum could be heading, I've tried writing essays for posts but I'm considered dedicated to the cause with a person who has no life and I've tried writing sentences for posts but considered a wind up merchant.

I still hold you to my word that everything I write on here isn't as barmy as you think and that I genuinely have posted solid reasoning behind my statements which is all I can do.

Last edited:
...give it a rest Bruce. Don't try playing the sympathy card like you're some well-intentioned but misunderstood contributor. Your whole mission is mal-intentioned.

Ghurair looks as though he could be anything or nothing. He looked reluctant to race to me and yet again appeared to lose concentration as he hit the final furlong and the noise from the stands. He still looks as green as grass but at one point in the race he simply flew for literally two strides and the acceleration looked awesome. It was only a brief fleeting moment of natural effort and then the jockey had to get serious with him to get a race out of him. I think he might yet grow into a very decent colt and am a bit more hopeful for my ante-post investment in the Guineas than after his last race. I see he's been cut to 16's for the Guineas so my 33/1 is looking fair value I think.

Curiously, despite the form of his maiden win, I don't think he enjoyed the ground one bit today and he looks to me like he's desperately in need of another furlong

Last edited:
I understand what you're saying, Scaramanga, but I just can't see him winning the 2012 Two Thousand Guineas.

I understand what you're saying, Scaramanga, but I just can't see him winning the 2012 Two Thousand Guineas.

You're probably right Gus, it's not as if the trainer has any kind of record with the race either. The bloke who told me about this horse was adamant though that the colt is something special. I guess its homework must be very impressive. Racing is littered with horses that catch pigeons on the gallops but never put in a shift on the course though. I suppose we'll see over the next few months.

Scaramanga, my attempt at humour fell on stony ground.

I actually rate Ghurair. According to Gosden on Racing UK yesterday, the horse is to be aimed at the Guineas and I don't think for a minute that he'll be out of place in the race. It's just that the 2012 version has already been run.

New thread needed.

Scaramanga, my attempt at humour fell on stony ground.

I actually rate Ghurair. According to Gosden on Racing UK yesterday, the horse is to be aimed at the Guineas and I don't think for a minute that he'll be out of place in the race. It's just that the 2012 version has already been run.

New thread needed.

FFS! :o

No wonder the bookies ripped my arm off. :D

Back