The Road To The 2012 Champion Hurdle

I thought his victory( TRA ) over Luska Lad, who ran HF to two lengths last season and came into the race fit having run on the flat was striking, especially with Donnas Palm who was third supposedly in excellent health and the fourth The Bull Hayes . Looked good to me to justify taking 25s/33,s ew in the CH.

Really?

He wasn't given an easy campaign last year. 5 Grade 1 victories between Dec and Punchestown. Not what i'd call a kid gloves approach

Exactly - including three G1 wins in a 6-week period. For all that I can (sort of) understand the concerns, last season suggests HF shoukd be given the benefit of the doubt when it comes to questions about his ability to stand the rigours of training and racing.

The real article is pricewises 1st tip for the champion

oscar wells and spirit son seem the most likely dangers for Hf

thousand stars goes chasing this year

a comment in the weekender attributed to mullins was that he goes chasing i think he is quoted for the arkle chase in some lists but i have noticed other comments he tries 3m hurdling he could do well in either field allthough i couldnt see him beating big bucks (if in same form this year as last)

Indeed, Granger......though now he's joined Oliver Sherwood, he's surely no longer relevant insofar as this thread is concerned.

Like Moscow Flyer before him OW will be almost nine by the time he's running in chases in open company. Seems a waste to me.

15/8 Oscar's well if you fancy taking on the fav

Oscar's Well cantered over him but fitness told and he got tired.

As I said, The Real Article won't be taking part in too many more CH discussions after that - this was his third run already since the summer.

Back