The Road To The 2012 Champion Hurdle

Well done SC!

That's one of the best posts and tips I've seen on the forum so far.

So glad that honour has gone to a decent, genuine, kind hearted and down to earth person like yourself.

Will take some hard work to beat that.

And So Young on Thursday...kind of

Big Bucks another fraud like Hurricane Fly to go down against a half decent promising up and coming challenger in So Young.

This is a new era.

Last edited:
Big Bucks another fraud like Hurricane Fly to go down against a half decent promising up and coming challenger in So Young.

This is a new era.

He may well end up being beaten - no horse can go on forever at top level - but to call a multiple champion, 15-time Grade 1 winner "a fraud" just shows you up as the utter twonk you are.

Well done SC - I am still trying to work out the exaggerated waiting tactics on Binocular but a worthy winner . Fehily rode the race I expected AP to ride .

You need to get on to the sectionals EC. Pace must have been near perfect to allow the front two to stay there all the way.

they looked to a good clip..i thought HF and B were in the best place..but apparently not ;)

It was an intriguing race. HF and BN sat off a fast pace and could not get into it. Overturn ran a sensational race. Have you timed it EC1?

So whos going to trot out the rubbish that trainers openess is a waste of time and that nichols doesnt know what hes talking about or is a liar?

He couldnt have been more positive about the winner on sat. Not that i took any ntice mind

No excuses i can see for any of the beaten

The Champion Hurdle was about 0.97s above standard. (2m29.13s)

221.2 Joe Cullen
222.07 Inca
222.57 Be My Royal
222.82 Tuesday
224.32 Chives
224.45 Soeur De Sentier
224.48 Hard To Start
225.1 Florida Pearl
225.35 Ballyamber
225.4 Alexander Banquet
226.35 Arctic Camper
226.7 Hairy Molly
226.79 It Takes Time
227.04 Scoring Pedigree
227.16 Kicks For Free
227.41 Mr Markham
227.44 French Holly
227.63 Samuel Wilderspin
227.77 Frantic Tan
227.79 Dancing Hero
227.81 Brownes Hill Lad
228.04 Lord Over
228.1 Istabraq
228.4 Make A Stand
228.43 To Your Honour
228.66 Wind Instrument
228.69 Pangbourne
228.71 Bozo
229.1 Istabraq
229.1 Hors La Loi Iii
229.13 Blue Royal
229.18 King's Road
229.25 Ashley Park
229.46 Curraduff Moll
229.56 Wichita Lineman
229.65 Theatreworld
229.75 Stage Affair
229.84 Space Trucker
229.9 Shadow Leader
229.9 Cork All Star
230 Brave Inca

Hurricane Fly and Binocular didn't run their race today - Overturn put in his best hurdles performance so far and stable in great form - I couldn't rate Rock On Ruby any more than 169+ to be honest.

Well done SC - I am still trying to work out the exaggerated waiting tactics on Binocular but a worthy winner . Fehily rode the race I expected AP to ride .

Absolutely!!!

Nicky Henderson must have been on the spirits when they worked those tactics out when he won his Champion Hurdle ridden more like ROR was today.
It's no coincidence that he has beaten the first and second this season and was beaten by both today. Shocking ride.

Ruby was no better......2 of the best front runners in the country and he's out the backdoor leaving himself wide open to be caught out by sudden changes in pace and the only way on paper he could be beaten...that's just plain dumb

.Overturn quickened up at both the 4th last and the 3rd last then again going down the hill. Everytime Ruby got a bit closer he lost the gained ground again.

Damage is done NF was always in the right place Ruby and AP weren't simple as.

Back