The Road to the 2019 Cheltenham Gold Cup

The Gold Cup is ten weeks on Friday and still no sign of Presenting Percy -I could see him running over hurdles as part of his preparation.

Are there any reports of his wellbeing? Given the trainer's lack of communication could something be wrong ?

There are a few good staying hurdles in Ireland between now and the festival -I could see him running in at least one hurdle-maybe 2.

Might Bite will not run again until Cheltenham Gold Cup in March, as he is having his palate cauterised today. "He’ll miss less than two weeks work" according to NH.

Last edited:
Worrying stories emerging for any Presenting Percy fans re. his trainer. Gone off the rails by all accounts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The trainer Grass. Not sure who’s actually training the horse the past while but it wouldn’t appear to be Kelly. PM me there if you like.

The trainer Grass. Not sure who’s actually training the horse the past while but it wouldn’t appear to be Kelly. PM me there if you like.

This has sparked such interest that your PM mailbox is full apparently!!

Al Boum Photo new rating of 164 (+5) after his Tramore win.

Bizarrely, Presenting Percy +2 to 169 for cowering in his box.

Last edited:
I notice Minella Rocco has had wind surgery and has an entry at Donny on Saturday, as well as the Gold Cup.

Never had his ground last year and JP doesn’t have many options so I’ve seen worse 50/1 NRNB punts because he’d surely have to show something between now and March to warrant a place in the starting line up and has the previous to put him in with a shout if he does.

Rewatched this race today to see just what PP was actually like on a racetrack

Love how he just cruised into this race and how he jumped the last 2 - did strike me that he could be more of a speed horse than just a dour stayer

Surprised at how well Alboum Photo was going looking backl - would not be put off him at all

Last edited:
Have to say that I think that the podcast and written coverage, particularly of the Christmas races has been particularly poor with many pundits hearing another spouting off and repeating it without a fact check.

The Al Boum Photo run in the RSA is a case in point with someone saying it was a tired fall and that being repeated ad nauseum until it becomes an accepted fact (Lydia Hislop please take note).

According to many, including Julian Muscat and Sean Boyce, Kemboy doesn't go well at Cheltenham. I'd have said that 5th in the Neptune/Ballymore and 4th in the JLT wasn't too shabby.

On Percy, if my money wasn't NRNB I'd be getting decidedly edgy by now.

I agree, and the further Kemboy has gone, the better he looks. I see a lot of love on here for Monalee and Road for Respect (but he was coming back from a break) and he absolutely murdered them. He turned in at Leopardstown absolutely swinging when everything else was off the bit. For me I think he won that very cosily and arguably, Mullins went to win the race when I doubt Ruby would have pressed the button yet. I think Percy is the best horse but only if he gets there and if he doesn't Kemboy is a good price to hit the frame NRNB for me!

Have to say that I think that the podcast and written coverage, particularly of the Christmas races has been particularly poor with many pundits hearing another spouting off and repeating it without a fact check.

The Al Boum Photo run in the RSA is a case in point with someone saying it was a tired fall and that being repeated ad nauseum until it becomes an accepted fact (Lydia Hislop please take note).

According to many, including Julian Muscat and Sean Boyce, Kemboy doesn't go well at Cheltenham. I'd have said that 5th in the Neptune/Ballymore and 4th in the JLT wasn't too shabby.

On Percy, if my money wasn't NRNB I'd be getting decidedly edgy by now.

Great post this. I'm going to rewatch more races in future.

Sometimes people just repeat what they imagine happened.

Specific to podcasts, RP podcast is dirt, FF is becoming almost a cabaret which is such a shame, matchbook with Rory is better but it's gambling focused 100% fair enough given the sponsor

Back