The Road to the Grand National 2010

Midway through you could just see by the way he was travelling, he looked really good. I shouted through to my dad "Look at AP go" he was like "who?".

Yep, me too. think Sam Twiston-Davies and Hello Bud did so well too, got tired is all. He must be thrilled with that.

Hope all the fallers are okay but did not look too great to be honest.

Watched on RUK. I appreciate AP was a big story but that was the worst coverage of a finish I have ever seen. Just had to find out from the internet that Hello Bud had actually finished fifth.

Feel bad for those who backed King Johns Castle.

The horse clearly wanted to take no part. Should have been withdrawn. He probably remembered the last time he ran the race two years ago.

BA ran his heart out and well done to AP

A great National. Great for racing to see the champ win it. BA rang a blinder after the mistake four out. BFT also ran with credit, as did all the finishers as it was a tough jumping test today. It was unfortunate Backstage was brought down by the loose My will as he was running well for the stable lads in Gordons.

I'm sure Backstage will be back next year, thought it was Vic Venturi going belly up in front of him though.

I'm sure Backstage will be back next year, thought it was Vic Venturi going belly up in front of him though.

I thought it was My Will riderless that fell in front of him and Vic Venturi fell on his own accord outside him. It's hard enough getting a horse to one National, let alone a second and this was the plan so just unfortunate that he was brought down rather than falling. But suppose Condon could have edged him away from the loose horse.

Anyone back him?! I've never had a strong opinion on the horse but cheered him home once my last chance gone. Great for racing,

Just marvellous to see - I have always loved the horse but after his Arkle tumble I never thought he would get his confidence back over fences even when he won here last year he ballooned a few . Would never have backed him and thought the gamble was a bit like people backing what Lester rode in the Derby .

Today he jumped like the horse that gave Denman a big scare at Cheltenham and if he got home looked like the winner from Bechers second time round .

Great for AP , JP and Jonjo and great for racing.

Anyone back him?! I've never had a strong opinion on the horse but cheered him home once my last chance gone. Great for racing,

I got 20p matched on him at 200 after his Cheltenham run in the Servico but he didn't do enough after for me to want to have anything proper on him.

Ha ha.

Regarding King John's Castle, I thought the starter should have grown a pair of balls and withdrawn the horse. I thought it was clear the horse wasn't going to race. He was reluctant at all stages to line up. It doesn't bother me, as I bet rehularly and am happy to take the rough with the smooth, but there will be a lot of once-a-year punters that have a pretty nasty experience on that today through no fault of their own.

McCoy has won some notable races this year for JP but today was special. The first five seperated themselves from the field and were travelling so well. A very memorable national and the race really is all its made out to be. Form of the race looks rock solid too.

Back