The Road to the Grand National 2010

I honestly think I've now heard every single runner tipped up somewhere, be it on the tv, newspapers, or forums.

What intrigues me about the modern National is that you're now getting 100/1 shots that could easily win. Mon Mome should have been no more than 40s last year. I remember when I backed Last Suspect (took 66/1) just about everybody laughed at me, and that was pretty much the same for years about any longshot.

Now you need to check them out as they're all in the handicap proper because they all deserve to be. I'd say there are some at 66s and upwards today that have better shouts than Mon Mome or Comply Or Die.

A few on here have tipped up Beat The Boys. Whats the attraction? Im curious because Im a massive fan of Brian Hughes

a) 150/1.

b) Won the Rehearsal Chase nicely and is running off a fair and potentially lenient mark in the bottom half of the weights.

c) 150/1.

d) Tends to run well or bomb out.

e) 150/1.

f) Appears to appreciate decent ground.

g) 150/1.

h) Has done all his winning over 3 miles+ without too many signs of stopping.

i) 150/1.

Torn between Snowy Morning who I think will jump around and Arbour Supreme who I think will love the trip but will have serious jumping issues. Mad outsider - Conna Castle.

Think the favourite and The Package look so solid as well so will probably though one of them in as well.

If Townend can get Arbor Supreme into a rhythm then he'll be tough to beat IMO Gal. He stuck with Scotsirish yesterday despite some pretty iffy jumps including at the last and I'm sure plenty lesser jockeys will have come off long before then.

Palypso De Creek - went off him after what I thought was a relatively poor round of jumping in the Becher but he's drifted to a massive price so he'll be a bet for me and also Royal Rosa and Ballyholland :)

I dont bet on national hunt that often but in january i put €2 on The Package at 500/1 once he doesn't fall at the first

Jasus Loughran and Townend sounded like they had a few drinks last night!! Maybe it was just early in the morning!!

yes, very good!

to be fair, i thought the mid race features much better - point to point, sam td and dick francis. wouldn't hurt them to show some form though.

After that horrible kick in the head he got from Won in The Dark it is a relief almost that it is only a broken arm - great shame for Ruby and connections.

I can see why they have switched with Geraghty having won on BFT - irony of ironies now would be a win for Tricky and Dickie !

Back