The Road to the Queen Mother

I'd say he will be very near evens on the day

The thing that bothers me is I still don't think he is the horse I saw speed up through the gears and destroy the field in the Irish CH

That's a frightening thing considering how good a horse he is now

I think Sizing Europe wins today and I wouldn't rule out the possibility of him winning by over ten lengths.Big Zeb is a good horse but
in my opinion Sizing is better.I think the expectation that Sizing will get the same kind of run as he got in the race last year is responsible for his price but last year he was stepping down from 3 mikes and a difficult Christmas where he was trained for a run that didn't happen.

spot on Luke :thumbsup:

he's a OHR 174 horse..through NP he's probably a 168 OHR

Fair enough. I suppose I'm being too extreme. Luke made a very valid point about people looking into his run in the race last season. To my mind Big Zeb was finished in terms of Champion Chases.

Am I the only one who thinks the first two are the wrong way round in the betting?

I know Sizing Europe doesn't show his best round Punchestown and that the soft/heavy ground won't be ideal but 11/8 in what is essentially a match looks very fair indeed. I am unconvinced by the strength of Big Zeb's form this season too.

I hadn't planned on having abet but this is tempting me and I'd be very pleased if that price was obliterated before I do!

Thoughts . . . ?

Sizing Europe very impressive. As I'd hoped, the 11/8 had long gone by this morning so I wasn't tempted by the bet in the end. However, delighted with my 11/4 for the Champion Chase. He will be seen to much better effect round Cheltenham on good ground in March, seems to jump like a stag at 2m, and will be very hard to beat.

I have been saying to people that he's more of a banker than Hurricane Fly, purely for the fact that he has nothing to beat. That suggestion looked a bit silly after Hurricane Fly's demolition job last weekend, but I'm pleased Sizing Europe has done the same today.

The fact that Big Zeb and Finian's Rainbow are next in the market tells you all you need to know. Anything above Evens on the day will be outstanding.

Back