The Ryanair

I liked him up until today! Looked very ordinary, I have to say. That's you and me off to the rack, Troodles.

Didn't back anything in the race but thrilled to see Alberta's win - been one of my favourites since before he won the RSA. AP certainly looked like he was feeling that earlier fall. Well done to the pair of them.

Yes, the man's made of steel. Was it Ted Walsh who said something like, "he wasn't born, he was quarried"? Half of us would be off to the doc's, limping and gimping and making little whimpering noises for a week!

Not that ive seen particually - though Punchestowns was lame when he finished i think they said, and much as I love Long Run, im not sure that he didnt run to form...

I first saw Barbers Shop in our race at Newbury about 2 years ago - didnt like him then (even though he won) and havent liked him at any stage since. Wish I knew why !!

Whilst I think Alberta's was a worthy winner in the end I deplore the tactics of Mr Walsh. Cleary his friend was winning however J'y Vole was finishing strongly and, IMO, may have had the taking of the winner. I had no vested interest in any of the placers. Just disappointed to see Ruby resort to such shennigans. Don't care what the stewards had to say either. Know what I saw.

Whilst I think Alberta's was a worthy winner in the end I deplore the tactics of Mr Walsh. Cleary his friend was winning however J'y Vole was finishing strongly and, IMO, may have had the taking of the winner. I had no vested interest in any of the placers. Just disappointed to see Ruby resort to such shennigans. Don't care what the stewards had to say either. Know what I saw.

I backed J'y Vole but I don't believe that she would have beaten Alberta's Run. She'd have finished second all right if she had got the gap but not won it. I thought that Ruby held his line and didn't do anything wrong.

Barber's Shop is an utter dog and has been displaying such tendencies at least since he first went novice chasing.

Ruby didn't just hold his line - he angled his horse across J'y Vole and forced him back in. I was disappointed that Condon received a four day yet Ruby got away without a ban - I thought the move was dirty.

Oh - and isn't this thread a cue for Colin to have a go about after-timing?? :lol:

Last edited:
As much as I deplore after- timing, Shads, I have given up the battle...........in fact. I couldn't give a fart.............and as I am well pissed and haven't had a sniff all week...........what do I know?!">!?!

Back