The Talking Horses National Hunt Cup

and I thought my competitions were over complicated :p

It may have seemed over complicated but I tried to envisage any awkward scenario's that might occur, at the same time make it different to anything done before. I think I got there in the end and everyone can sit back and enjoy it from now on in. :<3:

Well played, baracouda. I'm hoping for a good run from you, so that the collateral form-line looks marginally less shabby. :D

Last edited:
Nice one Grassy. Cheers .
I'm confident of thrashing Grey to proceed into the next round of the Cup but hope that I don't meet either Bigfoot or Arrogant until the semis!

I must have been inspired when I picked the weeks then because this weekend isn't cup week, the next round is the 8th of Feb. :D

Round 1 Saturday 25th January at the Cheltenham Trials Meeting.

Round 2 Saturday 8th February.

Round 3 Saturday 15th February.

Quarter finals Saturday 8th March.

Semi Finals over two days....Tuesday 11th March and Wednesday 12th March at the Cheltenham Festival.

The Final over two days....Thursday 13th March and Friday 14th March at the Cheltenham Festival.

Last edited:
The handicapper has dropped you 4Lb to a mark of 170 for future comps:D

Grassys performance was a bit suspect maybe handicapping himself by posting too frequently on the wrong grounds.
In all honesty I was expecting a much stronger show from him. Maybe his best days are behind him despite a good recent run of form and the new brigade are coming to the fore.:p

Grassys performance was a bit suspect maybe handicapping himself by posting too frequently on the wrong grounds.
In all honesty I was expecting a much stronger show from him. Maybe his best days are behind him despite a good recent run of form and the new brigade are coming to the fore.:p

:D

I'm a sporting Fella so I'm selecting my meeting early- Newbury. I want to win fair and square so will not use my home advantage. I hope others follow.
Anyone who declares at 23:59 HRS on Friday is a spoilsport and cheat IMO.

I'm a sporting Fella so I'm selecting my meeting early- Newbury. I want to win fair and square so will not use my home advantage. I hope others follow.
Anyone who declares at 23:59 HRS on Friday is a spoilsport and cheat IMO.

The meeting has to be named two days in advance

It would probably help if people would name the meeting and put a second choice in case of abandonment

Newbury
1) Solar Sky
2) One Conemara
3) Tidal Bay N/R -Menorah
4) Dodging Bullets
5) Irish Saint
6) Sam Winner
7) Thomas Brown
No copying allowed.

Last edited:
Back