The Totegoldtrophy/Betfred trophy/Betfair Hurdle

• Thread starter Thread starter Marble
  • Start date Start date
Bruce must have thought he was going to collect ! So pleased to see AP and the horse get up looked like a neckbreaker for the horse at first .

Zarkander was gritty and he is a worthy CH contender but I can only feel that JP should have had the 1-2 there . Get Me Out of Here would probably have won but for being hampered and Darlan was cantering all over them 3lb wrong.

Last edited:
Impressive performance given he was off the bridle a long way out - and as Grey says it's great to see AP get up after the shocking fall from Darlan :)

I don't know, I only saw a shot of AP over by the rail and then getting into a car.

Last edited:
Zarkander was gritty and he is a worthy CH contender but I can only feel that JP should have had the 1-2 there . Get Me Out of Here would probably have won but for being hampered and Darlan was cantering all over them 3lb wrong.

I'm not sure, there was still a long way to go for Darlan and wasn't Zarkander hampered slightly too? Ruby had a fair drive going and then reckoned that he pulled up as he hit the front. He's not going to get off Hurricane Fly though!

Zarkandar only did what he should have done, but he did it and with some style. He'll come on plenty for that and is a real prospect for the Champion itself. The 7/1 still available is value.

P.S. A minor point perhaps, but can we start spelling Zarkandar correctly, as he may be the next Champion.

Last edited:
Impressive enough today, but he'd need to find significant improvement between now and Cheltenham and I suspect he may need further. Ruby won't have any dilemma anyway.

I rather suspect Get Me Out of Here will be placed at least judging by his run against Oscar Whisky.

Surely, if Zarkandar doesn't win this easily off 151 he cannot improve enough in time for the CH ?

Ah well at least I backed GMOOH ew

Zarkandar only did what he should have done, but he did it and with some style. He'll come on plenty for that and is a real prospect for the Champion itself. The 7/1 still available is value.

P.S. A minor point perhaps, but can we start spelling Zarkandar correctly, as he may be the next Champion.

The only horse that should've shortened after this race was Hurricane Fly. Zarkandar may be good enough to fight out places with the rest of the pack, but it'll be as far behind the winner as HF wishes.

Back