The Two Mile Chase thread

granger

Senior Jockey
Don't think there is a QM thread.

if there is please feel free to join them.

sprinter showed some sparkle today.

great to see.

tingle creek next maybe?

fantastic to watch that

would imagine him, simonsig and special tiara the key players at sandown while uds stays in ireland

I would think so, especially with UDS staying at home. Personally would not be keen at all on SS for the Queen Mother - I think a strong pace in March would not suit him.

Will Dodging Bullets be back?
and will he get anywhere near Sprinter/
A half length defeat of Somersby wouldn't be anywhere near good enough now.
So many questions, Excellent stuff!

Hopefully he can go on from this. Would love him to show up in march showing old zest and UDS staring at his a***.

Perhaps he's a few pounds short of where he was at his peak but he's just hammered the QMCC by 14 lengths off levels.

Can't understand your logic at all Euro??? A fast pace wouldn't suit?

Sprinter Sacre's biggest asset is his high cruising speed........No horse on the English side of the water has the ability to go with him when he quickens like he did 4 out today.

If he comes on from that the only possible danger in the QMCC would be UDS but he is clearly no where near as good as Sprinter was at his best.

UDS's win over God's Own was far from special and tbh disappointed me.

Fantastic to have him back - sensational run, and on tacky ground. My one fear would be Vibrato Valtat in the Tingly, on very soft ground.

All the jollys for March are on the drift, UDS out to 13/8 and Faugheen to 2/1
Matt Chapman can do his stones if he wishes but Looking at whats happened today theres a long way to go in this season

Just thinking back to last season he ran to a reasonable level of form at Ascot and Sandown in relatively easier events but when the pressure was on in the QM he was pulled up.

I too want to be against UDS in March, especially if the ground is decent - but just not confident SS is the one I want to take him on with. At least not at this stage.

Perhaps he's a few pounds short of where he was at his peak but he's just hammered the QMCC by 14 lengths off levels.

Sprinter Sacre's biggest asset is his high cruising speed........No horse on the English side of the water has the ability to go with him when he quickens like he did 4 out today.

If he comes on from that the only possible danger in the QMCC would be UDS but he is clearly no where near as good as Sprinter was at his best.

UDS's win over God's Own was far from special and tbh disappointed me.

Dunno that he actually quickened as much as sauntered into the lead. May not be back to his absolute best, but - if he continues to jump as he did today - it's going to need a monster preformance to even get him off the bridle.

Dunno that he actually quickened as much as sauntered into the lead. May not be back to his absolute best, but - if he continues to jump as he did today - it's going to need a monster preformance to even get him off the bridle.

Good word that.....Sauntered.........The Sauntering Sprinter Sacre :lol:

yes. Superb by Nicky and it was awesome. Just forget last year

And yes sauntered is a great word for it

Last edited:
Was amazing to see him back today....and a superb reaction from the crowd. BUT he's not back to his best and he won today like the chucked in horse he was. We need to see him on levels against proper animals.

Total nonsense Digger......Proper animals? UDS perhaps but there's nothing else could hold a candle to him on his current form.

Weight had nothing to do with that performance...With a horse like Sprinter Sacre your either totally all wrong or you are brilliant...he showed every bit of his old sparkle and hopefully it will continue.

If it does UDS would be as well staying home come March and there's nothing else within a stone of him in England.

The one very noticeable difference yesterday compared to last season, was he looked well in his coat which he didn't at any time last season. He looked a different horse.

Mind you Grassy looked well in his coat before racing on Saturday, and I bet he didn't by 4pm yesterday!

What has happened the "They never come back brigade "?

Have they not come back ?

He's not back yet... unless you think that was a 190+ performance? It would appear that he is back to a standard that as good as most tho.

lets put this never come back nonsense to bed..yet again..this goes back to Tanlic and me discussing SS last year..the actual discussion was that horses rarely come back to their best after problems..especially the top ones..that still stands as far as i'm concerned. What a few are forgetting is that SS is that good that his best was a TF rating of 190 i believe and that even over the weekend according to TF he has run a stone below that..and still won easy...so its not his "best"..his best is another planet from what we are used to...he's that good though that a stone below his beat..is still too good.

The difference for me ..visually...was that at his very brilliant best he never came out of second gear..whereas at the weekend his effort from the last was still awesome..but he wasn't doing it as easily as he used to. The win just shows how good he was at his best imo..becasue even a stone below he is above probably all contenders..maybe even UDS. Lets hope he can hold this level..or even improve it

Last edited:
Dodging Bullets will not be ready in time for the Tingle Creek. The Clarence House Chase at Ascot in January is the new target.

Back