The Two Mile Chase thread

I'd love to see Un De Sceaux in the Tingle Creek. He's best at this time of year, on this type of ground so might as well make hay.
If he runs, Sprinter won't.

Also, it would work well for Mullins to send Felix Yonger and Twinlight to the Hilly Way, like last season.

Happy to hear it personally.

I normally dislike the idea of horses avoiding each other throughout the season up until March but in this case the latent romantic in me would prefer Sprinter to continue his recovery beating up easier fields for the time being. With the big showdown between the two coming in March in what would make for a journalist's wet dream. If he gets trounced in a weeks time (for whatever reason) then the Champion Chase will all be about one horse, with a price to reflect.

Sprinter Sacre misses the Tingle Creek

We’re not going to go to the Tingle Creek with Sprinter Sacre. I talked to Caroline Mould over the weekend. He’s in really really good form but, having got him into good shape and the right place, he just doesn’t need another race at the moment and it’s as simple as that. Simonsig and Josses Hill will be in there and they are both in the Peterborough at Huntingdon as well on Sunday so we’ll see what we do.
With Sprinter the Desert Orchid at Kempton is the likely place for him and if he needs another run before Cheltenham, fine. The Shloer was only three weeks ago and he’s come out of it really well. It would be a hard race if Un De Sceaux ran and a hard race in soft ground is not what we want on top of a really good run like that. We don’t need to run him again. We’re not going to learn anything! But he looks fantastic – he looked great coming into the race and he looks fantastic coming out of it.

You have to think that SS looks superb when not under pressure. However, the nature of his problem is that it only shows when he is under pressure so it looks like we'll learn very little until March.

Something tells me that Simonsig will go for the P'boro Chase. NJH has mentioned it frequently when he has talked about the horse.

Wouldn't surprise me if he was taking the 'easier' option for the horse, so to speak.

Next up The Clarence House Chase and the Sporting Life website lead with yet another bullsh1t heading http://www.sportinglife.com/racing/...sprinter-sacre-sire-de-grugy-and-un-de-sceaux

That word COULD is grossly over used by the media there's more chance of them finding Transformers on the Dark Side Of The Moon than there is the big three all turning up.

At least the Racing Post site mentions that Sprinter Sacre is highly unlikely to run.

Another hard race is not exactly what he needs at this stage and the prize money for winning it is less than you get for finishing 2nd in the QMCC and I would imagine the only danger to him not winning at Cheltenham is UDS so he'd be guaranteed a pay day with a clear round.

Magic Mullins has two entered and with Sprinter absent he could win it with either UDS or Felix Younger with the latter not minding the ground being anything between heavy and good it might be him that's being trained for the race. He was very impressive when winning the Hillyway.

Vibrato Valtat at 5/1 could be good value if UDS ends up not running.

He's finished behind SDG twice but a different day different conditions and a different SDG as we have seen more than a few times and PN could be winning the race again

heard mullins wants to get at least one run if not two in for UDS before cheltenham

reasonable chance he brings him over

heard mullins wants to get at least one run if not two in for UDS before cheltenham

reasonable chance he brings him over

This makes sense, some of the fizz needs to be taken out of the horse before he gets to Cheltenham. He was too buzzed up in the parade ring at Leopardstown.

To be fair he says nobody should back it without the NRNB concession and that if the horse turns up on the day, flown in on a spaceship piloted by Elvis, then he'll be a lot shorter than 14/1

of which he is correct.

Dodging Bullets carries the same NRNB concession though and as the current holder surely would have been a safer call @ 9/1 NRNB if he'd wanted to go for an e/w against the jolly and thinks that both Sire De Grugy and Sprinter Sacre are past their best - which he states

Back