The Two Mile Chase thread

I just think SS is a better horse this year, and maybe the stable no longer think he needs to be nursed in a race. It’s fortunate that Geraghty no longer rides him, too, because he was never the jockey to get after SS, to ask him to quicken, after he was the jock who had to pull him up after he suffered his heart problems mid-race at Kempton. However, if all roads do lead to Cheltenham and the Champion Chase, then he’ll have to quicken at some stage to catch UDS.

i think its pretty obvious SS was better at the weekend than at any point last year...the question is can he get better or maintain this..and even if he doesn't get even better.... is 175+ enough to do UDS

Last edited:
spot on

lets put this never come back nonsense to bed..yet again..this goes back to Tanlic and me discussing SS last year..the actual discussion was that horses rarely come back to their best after problems..especially the top ones..that still stands as far as i'm concerned. What a few are forgetting is that SS is that good that his best was a TF rating of 190 i believe and that even over the weekend according to TF he has run a stone below that..and still won easy...so its not his "best"..his best is another planet from what we are used to...he's that good though that a stone below his beat..is still too good.

The difference for me ..visually...was that at his very brilliant best he never came out of second gear..whereas at the weekend his effort from the last was still awesome..but he wasn't doing it as easily as he used to. The win just shows how good he was at his best imo..becasue even a stone below he is above probably all contenders..maybe even UDS. Lets hope he can hold this level..or even improve it

UDS had plenty in hand at Cheltenham in the Arkle, Ruby had a good hold of him and he could of gone around again.
At Punchestown it was slightly different as UDS was running more freely but again had plenty in the lock up if challenge.

Uxizandre is one not to be forgotten about. Mc Coy's comments post race after the Ryanair were of wishing he could have ridden him in the QMCC.
My understanding is he's being targeted at a xmas return. Hopefully he can come back sound and throw his name in the hat.

Absolutely
These weekends from now until Christmas time are going to be a real treat :)

Re Timeform...once you get to a certain level in NH racing ratings don't mean didly shitand time and time again they are made to look stupid.

So please don't be telling me what Timeform reckon what Sprinter Sacre ran to on Sunday.

Perhaps he didn't do it as easy as he has in the past as EC suggests but it was his first run of the season and against decent animals.

However have yourselves a second look at the 2nd last and how low he was at it....it actually slowed him considerably for a few strides yet he picked up again and flew up the hill.

With that race behind him and Barry back in the plate..UDS..don't make me laugh he'd eat him for breakfast

Don't forget I am biased

Re Timeform...once you get to a certain level in NH racing ratings don't mean didly shitand time and time again they are made to look stupid.

So please don't be telling me what Timeform reckon what Sprinter Sacre ran to on Sunday.

Sprinter Sacre’s new rating is 175+ :ninja: :lol:

Perhaps he didn't do it as easy as he has in the past as EC suggests but it was his first run of the season and against decent animals.

However have yourselves a second look at the 2nd last and how low he was at it....it actually slowed him considerably for a few strides yet he picked up again and flew up the hill.

With that race behind him and Barry back in the plate..UDS..don't make me laugh he'd eat him for breakfast

Don't forget I am biased

1. What makes you think Geraghty will be free to ride next time, given there's nowhere left for Mr Mole to run, other than in the same races as Sprinter Sacre?
2. Nico de Boinville is hardly a liability on this (or any other) horse, and if I was Caroline Mould, the ride would be his until such time as he wanted to relinquish it.
3. I'd be quite certain that UDS would have beaten the 11yo Somersby, just as comfortably as The Aeroplane did at the weekend. Will be some race when they meet.

Un de Sceaux was given 169p for his Arkle, and Dodging Bullets 168 for the Champion Chase. There's likely more to come from UDS, but Sprinter's run on Sunday has been rated good enough to have beaten them both last season.

I'm not sure that individual race-ratings are on exactly the same scale as Chasers & Hurdlers ratings, Paul.......though they're probably not a million miles out, even if they're not.

After all the talk of Mullins domination this season, Faugheen has been turned-over (admittedly by a stablemate), and all of Vautour, Douvan and UDS now need to be pretty-impressive in their comebacks, to retain their places at the head of their respective ante-post markets. Funny old game.

1. What makes you think Geraghty will be free to ride next time, given there's nowhere left for Mr Mole to run, other than in the same races as Sprinter Sacre?
2. Nico de Boinville is hardly a liability on this (or any other) horse, and if I was Caroline Mould, the ride would be his until such time as he wanted to relinquish it.
3. I'd be quite certain that UDS would have beaten the 11yo Somersby, just as comfortably as The Aeroplane did at the weekend. Will be some race when they meet.

Mr Mole wont run in the QMCC IMO he's been there done that and was beaten a distance + with AP on his back. He stays further and imo PN will LIKELY step him up in trip soon.

You think UDS would have beaten the QMCC runner up by 14 lengths? I don'y think he's done enough yet to suggest that

Barry is available Barry rides simple as

UDS can only be rated 168/170+ on what he has shown up to yet..we don't know what he is capable of but if he met SS tomorrow with SS in saturdays form..who would win i wonder..proven 175+ figure or potential improver UDS..tough one.a bit like having the points in the bag rather than games in hand at footy

i always preferred the points to the games in hand..so might sway the way of SS until i view the up and comer again

I think Sprinter will crack in a truly run champion race, he travelled well at Ascot last year but was done for stamina by Dodging Bullets.
Once SS gets taken off the bridle it will be game over, imo.......
lol-027.gif

I think Sprinter will crack in a truly run champion race, he travelled well at Ascot last year but was done for stamina by Dodging Bullets.
he bled from the nose after that race. a sure sign he still had physical issues. it's a reasonable expectation that he'll run much better this year unless the issues re-occur (entirely possible tbf)

Its difficult to predict but certainly visually the way he went on from the field at Cheltenham was reminiscent of his pomp. I really hope he can get back to somewhere near where he was.

What's the latest on Sire DE Grugy

From RP

SIRE DE GRUGY, who flopped in the Haldon Gold Cup at Exeter earlier this month, has turned the corner and will defend his unbeaten record over fences at Sandown in the Tingle Creek according to trainer Gary Moore. Moore, who made his first visit to a racecourse at Ascot on Friday after a kick from one of his horses hospitalised him this month, was smiling after the impressive Krugermac bolted up in Ascot's maiden hurdle and his stable star's form has also lifted the trainer.
Sire De Grugy, who runs in the colours of the Preston family and friends, won the Champion Chase in 2014, but suffered an interrupted campaign last season.

He won only once and has not fired on his last three outings, including when last of five - beaten 39 lengths - behind Vibrato Valtat at Exeter.
Moore said: "He has turned a corner. The last three or four days I have just seen a different horse. He is a bit more alive in himself and I've been happy with him. He looks well on his way back, but would have to be to put that Exeter run behind him. The only good thing about that was he was still there at the second last. It was only after that he faded out."

Sire De Grugy could meet the rejuvenated Nicky Henderson pair Simonsig and Sprinter Sacre as well as Vibrato Valtat in the Tingle Creek at Sandown on December 5.
"He is three from three there and if he doesn't run well there then we are in dead trouble," Moore added. "That will tell us as long as he goes there fit and healthy. If he doesn't run well then he has lost his mojo for the moment. but I certainly hope he still has."

Last edited:
WILLIE MULLINS has revealed that he is leaning towards returning Un De Sceaux to action in the Tingle Creek Chase at Sandown a fortnight on Saturday.

The brilliant Racing Post Arkle Chase winner, who is general 6-4 favourite for this season's Betway Queen Mother Champion Chase, could meet other top-notchers at Sandown such as Sprinter Sacre, Simonsig, Vibrato Valtat and Sire De Grugy.

"Un De Sceaux has come forward really well in the past couple of weeks and we're looking at starting him off in the Tingle Creek," he wrote.

"The alternative is the Hilly Way Chase at Cork on the following day, but we're leaning towards the Tingle Creek for him."

A faller on his chasing debut at Thurles, Un De Sceaux has won his subsequent four races over fences, making all the running each time.

Aside from the Arkle at the Cheltenham Festival, he achieved his other top-level victories in the Frank Ward Solicitors Arkle Chase at Leopardstown and the Ryanair Novice Chase at Punchestown.

surprising if it happens but it's looking an awesome race

Back