The Two Mile Chase thread

He should wait - if Sprinter could wait then so can Altior . If he didn't then I suspect he would go very close to beating Douvan but it is always wise to make sure horses are properly prepared for Championship races .

Arkle is my favourite race traditionally.

some of the genuine best horses we have seen have won it.

no need to change targets

Am in Bali right now which doesn't have RUK unfortunately, how good did he look?

Absolutely superb performance, and his jumping for a 'novice', was absolutely brilliant - did he touch any of his fences?

Min wouldn't have got anywhere near him in The Arkle, yesterday just cemented that thought.

Scratchings anounced today from QMCC

Ar Mad, Black Hercules, Champagne Fever, Dodging Bullets, Eastlake, Royal Regatta,Sizing John, Vaniteux

20 entries remain

They'll be keeping them for next month while they try and get Grassy's superinjunction lifted.

I hope France is treating you well, Brian

Last edited:
No way that's you putting those bets on Brian. You surely don't have time in between coffee mornings and pedicures.

Further to Grassy's request to move this season's posts to a new thread called The Road To The 2018 Champion Chase just had a mini disaster. I was halfway through moving them and my internet dropped so I've lost a few posts into the ether, it may be Col can retrieve them on his machine I'll let him know what's happened.......sorreee :ninja:

Maybe the connection dropped cause you tried to move them all at once, next time instead you could move couple of pages at a time. They could still be in the database, but given there are so many posts it'd take a while to spot those that don't appear.

Back