The Two Mile Chase thread

Impressive from UDS there but Special Tiara very disappointing . Great run from Uxiandre looks a big player again for the Ryanair.

Last edited:
Impressive from UDS there but Special Tiara very disappointing . Great run from Uxiandre looks a big player again for the Ryanair.

I didn't know whether to applaud AP when Uxizandre won the Ryanair or call them a bunch of crooks after the horse couldn't put one foot in front of the other for Barry Geraghty a few weeks before

It was a remarkable win and repeating it wouldn't surprise me one but. Much depends on what turns up but as you say he looks aplayer again

Another joke of an Irish Graded race today - isn't second place in the Tied Cottage worth a few quid .

I am not sure all these soft races will be ideal for a horse coming to the Champion Chase but I suppose they wanted to let UDS pick up a few quid in the UK.

Such a shame Sprinter had to be retired otherwise this would be the race of the Festival .

Last edited:
Was my initial thoughts too about the turnout but small prize in comparison 8k for second. Most would rather have their horse win even if for less money.

I doubt if it will be much different at Cheltenham or at Aintree or at Punchestown there's nothing in training iMO that would hold a candle to him.

Sprinter Sacre 2012 v Douvan 2016 would have been the race of the century. Sadly it never happened and now Douvan is on target to reach the same heights he did.

It's been a great time for NH racing over fences With Kauto Star Denman Sprinter Sacre Douvan and the novices Altior and Thistlecrack

Last edited:
game spirit entries

Altior, Dodging Bullets, Fox Norton, Garde La Victoire, Gino Trail, Module, Traffic Fluide

There's no comparison between 2012 SS in this race and Altior today. SS was going against no-hopers in that years CC while today Altior takes on the 2nd fav in the CC, a former CC winner, and a smart performer who after a year off he was just 5 lengths off UDS in his last race. Depending on what he does today he should absolutely be in the CC and if he fails to impress then Hendo will sleep nice knowing he doesn't have to take a bold decision.

Immense performance. Would certainly give Douvan plenty to think about, if they were inclined to switch him. That's decent horses he's faced today, and he's laughed at them.

Back