The 'Will Win' Thread (Copy)

Sgt Reckless 12.20 Wincanton

ChemAli_zpsc9337aca.jpg

OK, so today was the day :rolleyes:

somewhere on the forum i made this point ages ago..whenever a horse is put up from an info source its always best to back it next time out..i've not checked this thread but would say it might be an interesting exercise

That's completely nonsensical. You can't define 'info' based selections and the next run from the horse is a completely random event.

Define 'info'.

Could be horse has indeed improved at home, but turned out the rain came and it went too soft, or Jockey went too hard too early, or not enough pace on.

There could be loads of reasons, but the 'info' must have been there for some reason. Maybe there needs to be a difference between 'info' and 'wishful thinking'? Good and bad info, is what I mean. If it's good solid info, then why shouldn't the horse be given another chance if things didn't pan out as expected?

That's completely nonsensical. You can't define 'info' based selections and the next run from the horse is a completely random event.

what Chris said..plus

its not really random is it?..you are saying a horse is only in form for a day..then it won't show its form...you are also ignoring the retrieval element

on boards years ago we used to have the info v form reading stuff then..some decent folk posted good and bad info..and even then i used to keep a note of those that failed to win...when they won again..it was usually at a decent price compared to the day they were given

what Chris said..plus

its not really random is it?..you are saying a horse is only in form for a day..then it won't show its form...you are also ignoring the retrieval element

on boards years ago we used to have the info v form reading stuff then..some decent folk posted good and bad info..and even then i used to keep a note of those that failed to win...when they won again..it was usually at a decent price compared to the day they were given

There is enough of a sample size on this thread to disprove your theory.

Also it's ridiculously simplistic to pigeon hole info and form selections as completely seperate entities. The best infio you will receive is when the ability of the horse is better than the known anility of opposition and the difference is greater than the market expectations. It's not all 'today's the day' bullshit.

My original post on Sgt Reckless was genuine info, he has had to have two separate breathing operations but both may have been pre Wincanton I'm not sure. Personally I think he was given too much to do at Wincanton so today was probably a recovery mission. Hen Knight thinks he "could be anything".

Back