The 'Will Win' Thread (Copy)

• Thread starter Thread starter SlimChance
  • Start date Start date
Nice one, Fisty.

Tryster (Brigadier Gerard, Thursday) has impressed me more than any horse I've seen this season, and though they'll probably try to run the speed out of him, pace, track or surface oughtn't to be a problem.
Has a full book of gp1 10f entries, and general 9/4 looks a gift.

Last edited:
Cheers Reet hope Tryster takes to that green stuff it's been a while. That said not many horses could have won from where he did at Lingfield. Unbelievable turn of foot.....Good luck

In the meantime sunny Cartmel is staging a good card today and an ex NJH would be superstar in River Maigue caught my attention.

River Maigue on his best day would pick this lot and carry them but he's had more than his fair share of problems.

He fetched a mere 9000 pounds at the sales after running his best race in sometime at Aintree.

The big question is can he follow up on that for his new trainer.

At 7/2 he's got to be worth taking a chance on...He's not the keenest of finishers but then the Pipe horse is a bit one paced.

River Maigue 7/2

This is the will win thread - not for "at 7/2 he's got to be worth a chance".

Good post nevertheless but belongs in 'what are you backing today'.

Nice one, Fisty.

Tryster (Brigadier Gerard, Thursday) has impressed me more than any horse I've seen this season, and though they'll probably try to run the speed out of him, pace, track or surface oughtn't to be a problem.
Has a full book of gp1 10f entries, and general 9/4 looks a gift.

Not trying to steel your thunder in any shape or form Reet just like to say I'll be joining you with a punt on Trystar tonight.

Doesn't really surprise me he's drifted. His best performance have after all come on the all weather which will have the bookies out to get him.

Arab Spring takes over as favourite having won 5 of his last 6 but it's the loss that leads me to believe he could struggle in this class.

Eagle Top certainly has the beating of him on a line through Scotland but the words "He will need the race" hang over him.

Bookies don't seem to think he will as the best price for him is around 7/2.

Eagle Top looked like a world beater prior to the King George and while he ran a sound race he was largely disappointing.

If you could be 100% sure he could put up a similar performance to his King Edward win I would have been backing him.
but I take them at their word and really if he is a bit short of peak fitness I am not prepared to row in with him against others sure to be 100%

Must admit Eagle Top scares the life out of me but Trystar is in great heart and taking everything into consideration I have got to row in with you.

Good luck once gain.............let's give em laldy :lol:

That was abysmal, the only consolation that it was too bad to be his true form.
Remain convinced he's not just an AW horse, and connections are still talking in terms of a turf programme, but maybe - with his speed - that may turn out to be over shorter.

Tryster I think wants lightening fast ground won on g/f was Way to slow/dead at Sandown.

the times suggest it was really fast ground Jarv..also Ken Pitterson reported that the general view from the course was it was lightning fast.

i don't think the ground was an issue tbh..the horse really likes AW surface..sire is 19% on it..14% on turf. He may well win on turf but even on AW his figure is 115... so this was the first time he has met horses of his own level

the times suggest it was really fast ground Jarv..also Ken Pitterson reported that the general view from the course was it was lightning fast.

i don't think the ground was an issue tbh..the horse really likes AW surface..sire is 19% on it..14% on turf. He may well win on turf but even on AW his figure is 115... so this was the first time he has met horses of his own level

Ohh! Ain't going to argue against that then EC1. Like I said to many questions to answer to make it a bet at the price. Its good to have the clock to prove me wrong.

That went well NOT..........John Gosden is getting very good at winning these races with his would be second strings

In Fairness to JG, he did highlight in pre-race interview that Western H had the best chance, with Frankie being on board the other horse to "look after it"

Right. Just won the golf today up near Newcastle. I have to put £125 win on some sports bet preferably tonight or tomorrow. Someone give me a strong fancy to back please.

Right. Just won the golf today up near Newcastle. I have to put £125 win on some sports bet preferably tonight or tomorrow. Someone give me a strong fancy to back please.

Bartel in the 7.20 is worth some of it Dave...this one promises to be better on the AW than turf..on turf it looks a mid 80's/90 horse on its maiden places and win particularly..its well in imo on AW..has the break to overcome..but sire has a good record after a break. currently 5.0 on betfair at minute

Legend!!! EC1, fantastic stuff. The lot on at 4/1. I have just become a hero of 5 very happy friends . I owe you a couple of drinks :)

cheers..pressure was on there Dave..have a great night..i am now...Jack daniels going great guns.

keep an eye on this one...more to come..... pulled early and made ground in a slowly run race there. ....last year when i put figures to race i actually got a 96 rating for this but that was with wfa..so expecting average improvement....since then there has been a few winners from the race except for Spriting who clearly has some issues..been a nice earner all in all..and landed some nice cash tonight..will fatten up my Giovanni bet now

Last edited:
cheers..pressure was on there Dave..have a great night..i am now...Jack daniels going great guns.

keep an eye on this one...more to come..... pulled early and made ground in a slowly run race there. ....last year when i put figures to race i actually got a 96 rating for this but that was with wfa..so expecting average improvement....since then there has been a few winners from the race except for Spriting who clearly has some issues..been a nice earner all in all..and landed some nice cash tonight..will fatten up my Giovanni bet now

You should post more often EC. Excellent analysis.

Back