Tingle Creek Likely runners?

Aldaniti

At the Start
I know the entries won't be out until next week but does anyone know what are the likely runners?

I know Master minded is out but haven't read any other reports of runners?

Big Zeb...3
Twist Magic..4.6
Well Chief...4.6
Forpadydeplasterer...6
Mahogany Blaze...10
Kalahari King...16

Why not? You always see the best of him at Sandown. He was going well when coming down last year, probably wouldn't have beaten Master Minded but I'm sure he'd have gone close. Admittedly, he's a yak everywhere else but this is Sandown we're talking about.

Looking at those odds surely Kalahari King is a doubtful?

Disappointed we won't be seeing Master Minded. If Well Chief wins this well and then goes on to finish runner-up to Master Minded at Cheltenham will it be time to scrap this idea that he's not as good as he was?

He was better than Master Minded ever has been, imho.

Saying that, when I read Master Minded was out, I thought Well Chief would be under 2/1 - does 4.6 look huge to anyone else?

I presume Big Zeb stays at home, and I haven't read Kalahari King goes there?

Really can't wait for this and hope Well Chief can gain a Grade 1.

The 3rd was of course an exceptionally close third in that legendary Tingle Creek with Moscow and Azertyuiop.

Can Well Chief still cut it at level weights against the likes of Big Zeb and Forpadydeplasterer?

They seemed to employ more forceful riding tactics at Cheltenham LTO, will they do the same at Sandown?

Shaping up to be cracker, even without MM.

Closely followed by his Chandler win, where he gave 20lbs and a fairly ready beating to Thisthatandtother.

Agree with you both.

People go on about Denman's Hennessey - he won off 161; Well Chief (who's hardly built to carry weight) won off 178.

Agree with you both.

People go on about Denman's Hennessey - he won off 161; Well Chief (who's hardly built to carry weight) won off 178.

I was astonished by the sheer contempt with which Denman won his Hennessy though.

Agree with you both.

Hamm, Well Chief is built like a brick shoite house... His hind quarters are massive, far more sturdily built than MM. Not the tallest but he doesn't look the type that would be affected by weight. Admittedly I saw him for the first time in the flesh at Cheltenham but small he is not.

How does everyone think Big Zeb will cope with the Railway Fences et al? After clouting the last at Punchestown and falling in the QM he's not a horse I trust in the really big races - not at a short price anyway.

How does everyone think Big Zeb will cope with the Railway Fences et al? After clouting the last at Punchestown and falling in the QM he's not a horse I trust in the really big races - not at a short price anyway.

Decent animal, but certainly you have justifyable concerns... the price would need to reflect these concerns.

I was quite taken with Kalahari King last season, despite having to settle for second-best to FPP.

How does everyone think Big Zeb will cope with the Railway Fences et

I think hes one of those that jumps ok but then makes complete howlers. Some horses rarely fall but blunder around a little and lose vital momentum at the railway fences. Big Zeb may well take them just fine and then collapse elsewhere.

Back