Tingle Creek

He/She doesn't consider Kauto as a horse that needs to improve as he already sets the standard.

He/She feels that both Twist Magic and Denman have plenty of improving in them and she said there are a few nice sorts in the yard that haven't done a great deal. Forest Pennant is a horse than my friend rides out and i've never heard such language about the ride it was given at Chepstow. The yard feel he has the potential to make up into a leading staying hurdler.

Yes was Kempton that was said, not sure why I wrote Exeter, I think I was looking at tomorrow's cards whilst writing and noticed what a good thing Gary Moore's looks in the 2nd race.

Chris, PN's dad (Bruce?) reputedly told some of the staff at Cheltenham racecourse about another horse that's the fastest they've had in the yard, can't remember its full name buts its possibly something Nightingale. Heard anything ?

Nightingale sure as hell don't ring any bells but I know three they think alot of;

I know the breeding but not the names;

Bobs Return o/o All Set - 3yo Gelding (told this shows alot of toe and could be a Triumph type)

Indian Ridge o/o Miss Mistletoes - 3yo Gelding (This is seriously useful and I know the yard think this could be a potential Champion Hurdle horse one day)

Kayf Tara o/o Night Class - 3yo Gelding (This may be your Nightingale ??) (This hasn't long been broken in but I know they paid a lot for this and its related to Newmill. This is a really nice bumper horse for the end of the season)

These are ones I've been told to look out for.

If you knew the Dam of this horse it would help me out as I could ring my friend and ask, but thats all I can tell you I'm afraid. This is because Paul never puts the names of unraced horses on their doors until their entered, they just show the Mums Name and age.

You'd be taking it entirely on trust that an Indian Ridge would stay even the minimum trip on an easy flat track over hurdles!

Bar - Clifford Baker has been telling everyone for ages that Twisty is the BEST 2 miler he has sat on. And he was a regular work rider for Azertyuiop who they thought was equal to Flagship.

Ruby has also said pretty much the same, that Twist has the engine, just need to get over the fall. And, they are not sure how he would handle very soft ground.

Hope that answers your question.

PS no transvestites there that I know of, however Zerty's old lad did go off to become a hairdresser but we think he is straight! :P

Originally posted by chrisbeekracing@Dec 6 2007, 06:29 PM
Forest Pennant is a horse than my friend rides out and i've never heard such language about the ride it was given at Chepstow. The yard feel he has the potential to make up into a leading staying hurdler.
Interesting - this is the RP in running notes, and nothing about Sam's ride in the report:

<< Merchent Paddy
held up in mid-division, steady headway to track leaders 7th, led 3 out, driven out run-in and held on well close home
Forest Pennant
chased leaders, hit 4th, ridden to chase winner 2 out and soon hung left, stayed hanging but kept on run-in, going on close home but always just held

Why was your friend so disgusted? - sounds like he's not such an easy ride, or did the horse just not like Sam LOL

Headstrong;

Forest was full of running on the outside with 3 to jump when Merchant Paddy kicked up the inside around 50 yrds before the 3rd last, Sam didn't notice the other horse had gone until the flight was jumped.

Afterwards he had 4L to make up on a horse that had got first run in a slowly run race. To which the horse tried hard and narrowed the gap right down at the last. Also the horse was lugging left at his hurdles and for some reason Sam's whip was in his right hand and not his left.

The person I know was fuming that the horse that won the race got first run because the jockey was sat motionless when all bar the winner were flat out upsides and twice he took a pull on the way to the 3rd last.

Watch the replay, I didn't notice it at first but having viewed it a couple of times, I did notice it and I do personally feel Sam was sat with plenty underneath him and didn't notice a horse get a run on him until it was too late.

Very frustrating for connections. And annoying when race reports don't mention things like this as it looks then as though losing was the horse's fault, and punters factor that in next time. Mind you it gives those who do pay attention an edge!

Wish I could watch replays, it's all but impossible on my mac unless they go up on eg YouTube.
If anyone has an old pc they don;t want which I could use for such purposes I'd love it!
My pension doesn't run to buying another laptop... Wish I hadn't taken the advice to buy a mac lto

Which Mac have you got again? ATR videos work on mine. RUK ones via the Racing Post don't, but then I never use those as they're not free.

Originally posted by chrisbeekracing@Dec 6 2007, 06:29 PM
Yes was Kempton that was said, not sure why I wrote Exeter, I think I was looking at tomorrow's cards whilst writing and noticed what a good thing Gary Moore's looks in the 2nd race.
Good old Gabier wins as well,

Got in double with Glasker Mill as well, been told should win if anyone remotely interested.

Looked a fair and square defeat of the current Champion Chaser to me. Is there a big chase that Nicholls won't win at Cheltenham?

No problem for Ruby

About today
Twist Magic looked a very very good horse, lets see the ddownhill at Cheltneham but he had too many gears today for VPU, the later jumped perfect, so no excuses.

Paul Nicholls is a great trainer.

And they say the flat is predictable with the big players winning everything...

Was really impressed with the winner. He could be called the winner along way out today.

Nicholls is indeed a great trainer, and part of that is choosing the right staff. He's got his guy who does all the early schooling and teaches both the horses and the young jocks to jump. He's got long-term staff who are clearly brilliant at their jobs and know the horses inside out; and there is real teamwork and mutual respect at the yard.

But possibly most important of all he's got excellent scouts and bloodstock agents finding him exactly what he wants, which is big scopey horses which - provided he can teach them to jump, and he can - will always have the engine to pull out a bit more in a finish. You can almost tell a Nicholls hors ein the paddock just on sight.

He's got it all in place, and owners with the pockets to buy the best that can be found.
It's hard to see anyone challenging him for many years.

Originally posted by Headstrong@Dec 8 2007, 04:14 PM
But possibly most important of all he's got excellent scouts and bloodstock agents finding him exactly what he wants, which is big scopey horses which - provided he can teach them to jump, and he can - will always have the engine to pull out a bit more in a finish. You can almost tell a Nicholls hors ein the paddock just on sight.
Nicholls is very similar to buy his horses, unless there French the owners have been majorly ripped off, I can assure you that.

I'm not gonna go into details but its a business how they get these pointers !!!!

Also alot of his staff come and go, he changes his team quite often. Admittedly his top lads have been there a while, but alot of his lads come and go quickly.

If anyones taken a look at Pipe's website you'll get an idea what he wants for a horse out of a claiming hurdle at Auteuil.

Originally posted by chrisbeekracing+Dec 8 2007, 05:37 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (chrisbeekracing @ Dec 8 2007, 05:37 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Headstrong@Dec 8 2007, 04:14 PM
But possibly most important of all he's got excellent scouts and bloodstock agents finding him exactly what he wants, ...You can almost tell a Nicholls hors ein the paddock just on sight.
Nicholls is very similar to buy his horses, unless there French the owners have been majorly ripped off, I can assure you that.
I'm not gonna go into details but its a business how they get these pointers !!!!

Also alot of his staff come and go, he changes his team quite often. Admittedly his top lads have been there a while, but alot of his lads come and go quickly. [/b][/quote]
I wasn't talking about the moral of how he buys them Chris, merely that he does seem to have people out there finding him the very best, and that is imo 60% of the battle. I'm intrigued you'd say that sellers have been ripped off... Surely sellers should know what they have got?! LOL After all people can always sell at auction

It was the top staff at Nicholls I was talking about btw, they are the backbone of any yard I'd say and all the leading NH trainers have very long-standing teams

Also alot of his staff come and go, he changes his team quite often. Admittedly his top lads have been there a while, but alot of his lads come and go quickly.

Isn't that pretty much par for the course?

Back