Tingle Creek

Not always

depends on the yard, it happens a bit in big yards but I always find it surprising why lads in big yards who are on the better wages and riding the better horses want to leave, there is normally a logical reason.

I didn't think that VPU was travelling as well as he can do tbh. He'd prefer the better ground and I'd like to think he'd beat Twist Magic in a rematch.

Do you think he would though Shads?

Better ground will suit Twist Magic better as well, as it will further enhance his asset, pace..

I fell into the same trap of assuming Twist Magic wouldn't have liked the ground; admittedly more through laziness as I believed what Nicholls and Thomas were telling everyone pre-race and didn't go into his early French form beforehand. Had I looked at his French form I'd have seen that Twist Magic had won and placed on very soft and been placed on heavy. His soft ground form over here wasn't especially shabby either, tbh.

The main reason I think so though is that I wasn't entirely convinced with the way VPU was travelling today throughout the race.

Pretty clear that he handles cut alright Shads, though it's hard for me to see Voy Por Ustedes overturning the form on better ground..

As I said before, my line of thinking is that faster ground would tend to emphasize Twist Magic's toe..

When watching Voy Por Ustedes, does anyone else think of the quote John Lennon apparently came out with when asked if Ringo Star was the best drummer in the world, 'He's not even the best drummer in the Beatles.' Voy Por Ustedes is not even the best two-miler in his stable.

think voy just met a better horse today...he jumped his normal best but just didn't have an answer to the winner

i get the feeling voy hasn't really hit the heights we thought when he was a novice..in heights I mean a consiustent string of wins

as a novice he was such a great jumper of fences wasn't he?

I backed Twist Magic today (couldn't resist the 6/1) but I'm not kidding myself that today's result makes him better than VPU just yet.

The fav might just not have fancied a second race in a short time in such awful ground. He's only human, after all.

I think the winner has improved enormously over the summer, is now some right horse to look at, travels like a monster and is very much the best horse. Voy Por Ustedes is a good champion chaser, but was fortunate that the best 2mile chaser also stayed 3miles2, and has now shown his vulnerability to what could be a really good champion chaser.

Monets Garden didnt impress me, looked a bit overdone fitness wise. Ashley Brook has lost the plot, seemed uncomfortable with the track for some reason.

Originally posted by davidjohnson@Dec 8 2007, 07:52 PM
When watching Voy Por Ustedes, does anyone else think of the quote John Lennon apparently came out with when asked if Ringo Star was the best drummer in the world, 'He's not even the best drummer in the Beatles.' Voy Por Ustedes is not even the best two-miler in his stable.
Very well put David :laughing: I congratulate thee on the analogy. You can sign me up to that school of thought anyway. I've been telling anyone who wants to listen (and quite a few who don't) that MWDS was better than VPU last year. 6Yo's have a really quite abysbal record in the race (2 wins in its history) and that can't have occurred by accident. I'd considered Well Chief the principal threat to MWDS, with Twist Magic as the potential fly in the ointment that I'd try and get on the age stat. A look at last years race times told me that MWDS, who was always something of a false novice anyway (given his age/ strength, and race course miles on the clock - admittedly not over fences) was ahead of VPU. He was faster on slower ground (even with the weight corrections) than VPU was on C&D the following day.

Originally posted by Diamond Geezer@Dec 6 2007, 07:30 PM
Chris, PN's dad (Bruce?) reputedly told some of the staff at Cheltenham racecourse about another horse that's the fastest they've had in the yard, can't remember its full name buts its possibly something Nightingale. Heard anything ?
Now we know

Back