6 U1112- Master Minded
7 2P8-11 My Petra
8 31F2-3 Natal
9 P0-105 Santa´s Son
10 414-05 Schindlers Hunt
11 1122-2 Takeroc
12 1211-1 Tidal Bay
13 1261-4 Twist Magic

Not one for short prices but surely this is buying money on Master Minded with the only conceivable danger more likely to go for the Peterbrough and AP taking the ride.

I have MM 2/7 on my tissue. A stone and a half in hand and 4/6 ???

My 2/7 is based on the opinion that Tidal wont run would agree 1/2 if he does which still makes 4/6 attractive with the added doubt about others even running not usually one for shorties but buying £400 to have a free lump on Imperial Commander the following week sounds like a plan to me.

I get the impression u like Imperial:<3:

Oh yes not got excited about a horse like this since Kauto many moons ago. Think he is gonna be the real deal. Dont think we will see him in the King George though think Kid Gloves approach will probally see him back at Cheltenham end of January followed by the Ryanair then a Gold Cup route 2009/2010.

Last edited:
I can't believe the brass neck of Ferdy Murphy in as good as admitting in the RP today that he is running L'Antartique just to give him a school around.

I'd forgotten about that!

L'Antartique could have his first outing of the season in the Tingle Creek, and trainer Ferdy Murphy said yesterday: "We've just been looking for a race to give him ahunt round really. It's difficult to find him anything as he's rated 162.

He's entered for the Boylesports.com Gold Cup but he'd have to carry a lot of weight there. I don't think Paul Nicholls needs to worry about us to much this Saturday."

I would hit that man with a long, long ban. How many times is he allowed to take the p*ss?

On the race itself (!), I fancy Tidal Bay at 7/2 as one of the best each way bets of the year.

I worry if Tidal Bay is quick enough for 2m, I know he won the Arkle but I really see him as a 2m 4f - 3m horse. I am his biggest fan but just fear 2m is not his trip.

My Petra would be the ew value for me.

Last edited:
I would hit that man with a long, long ban. How many times is he allowed to take the p*ss?

Absolutely. Personally I think he is getting bolder and bolder and seems to think he can get away with anything - even telling the press before a race that his horse won't be off a yard!

I very much loved the "I don't think Paul Nicholls needs to worry about us too much this Saturday" quote!!! Brazen or what??

I find it hard to comprehend how the BHA went after Fallon yet here you have a confirmed non trier and what will they do?

How many bets will be struck on L'Antartique come Saturday? I'd imagine quite a few, especially among the casual racegoer.

You can't issue a non triers on Ferdy until the race is run, it will depend hows its ridden, if its blatantly not off, they will of course take action but given the horse is no 2m, chances are he'll be outpaced throughout and stay on, without strong handling.

That is not non trying.

He wouldn't divulge that kind of information about his lesser lights lest the handicapper pay attention to it.

For me Master Minded still has questions to answer after his last run. I wouldn't be a layer at 4/6 but I wouldn't consider backing it to be a money buying job either. It's hard to put a price on a dirty feeling that something isn't quite right.

In fairness Master Minded's form before the Champion romp was pretty good as well.

As for Tidal Bay will his jumping hold up? I didn't think it would in the Arkle and I was wrong so I really don't know about Saturday. More rain the better for him I would have thought.

By Ashley Iveson, PA Sport

Howard Johnson's Tidal Bay readied himself for the Seasons Holidays Tingle Creek Chase with a workout after racing at Catterick.
Last season's Arkle Trophy winner made a successful reappearance at Carlisle last month and is now set to face the sternest test of his career on Saturday against the highest-rated National Hunt horse in training in Master Minded.
The seven-year-old worked up the length of the straight with two stablemates under Denis O'Regan and Johnson's stable jockey can hardly wait to get the leg up in Sandown's Grade One contest.
"We just jumped three fences and he quickened up after the last. I was very pleased with him and it will have put his eye in for Saturday," said O'Regan.
"I'm looking forward to the Tingle Creek and we're just hoping for the best now."

Looking at his career to date this isn't the case at all. He seems to handle any surface well and I don't think good ground will inconvenience him at all

Faster ground is not a problem for him. Faster ground over two miles over fences against Master Minded would be....Tidal Bay will get 3 miles standing on his head if they asked him to so the sterner the test over two miles the better.

The only question Master minded has to answer in this field is the stable form, because if healthy he will canter.

Back