Today is your last chance!

• Thread starter Thread starter SlimChance
  • Start date Start date
Didn't see the race but I certainly wouldn't give up on Arkle-if Ruby and the horse both learned something it will have been worthwhile.

27/1 really is an unbelievable price. UDS tipping up means nothing. Moscow Flyer fell more times than Our Lord. He's still going to be the best hurdler lining up in the Arkle and 6/1 is a complete overreaction.

Last edited:
Fell twice in his novice season before the Arkle

And as a consequence he went off 11/2 behind some moderate horses in the betting. Take out Vatour from the Arkle betting and the rest are relative rags. No confirmation on what Joses Hill is doing too. 6/1 is insane. I'd gladly take 5/1.

Last edited:
Would "Later today - when Un De Sceaux falls on his arse in his first race over fences - is one of many chances [we just don't know how many times he might fall before Cheltenham]!" have been a better headline?

Would "Later today - when Un De Sceaux falls on his arse in his first race over fences - is one of many chances [we just don't know how many times he might fall before Cheltenham]!" have been a better headline?

Do you think you're being funny or clever? I've made a logical case for why the bet was value before the race and I now think the push to 27/1 is insane. If you want to disagree than work away but you're not as smart as me and you don't have as much cash in the bank from betting as me.

Retarded replies on this thread is why people like me have a pain in their bollocks posting on here.

Last edited:
Do you think you're being funny or clever? I've made a logical case for why the bet was value before the race and I now think the push to 27/1 is insane. If you want to disagree than work away but you're not as smart as me and you don't have as much cash in the bank from betting as me.

Retarded replies on this thread is why people like me have a pain in their bollocks posting on here.

Of course I'm funny and clever. but probably omit the smiley faces too often - it was a joke, Slim.

You and EC1 in particular are top pundits, offering pearls of wisdom on a regular basis. I have thanked both of you when I've followed you in and never had a pop if the horse hasn't won. Tbh, I rarely follow-in the tips with any money as my main interest is following the chat to see which horses might fit best in my own TTF each season. I do contribute occasionally, too.

So, sorry if I offended - I'll be more subtle on this forum in future.

Horse jumped really well until coming down and Robbie Power reckons they were going Arkle pace.

Not the first novice to take a tumble and won't be the last so nothing to lose sleep over.........might even back the double again:)

That said what a joke these Irish races are with at least 10 horses not off a yard.

No matter how good a horse is to be over a fence clear of most of the field after amile is a joke.

Guaranteed some of those who were tailed off will win next time out and the stewards won't say a word.

That's my gripe for the day...........happy punting tomorrow

Of course I'm funny and clever. but probably omit the smiley faces too often - it was a joke, Slim.

You and EC1 in particular are top pundits, offering pearls of wisdom on a regular basis. I have thanked both of you when I've followed you in and never had a pop if the horse hasn't won. Tbh, I rarely follow-in the tips with any money as my main interest is following the chat to see which horses might fit best in my own TTF each season. I do contribute occasionally, too.

spot on about EC1......Fabulous tipster!

My mistake. Apologies.

Horse jumped really well until coming down and Robbie Power reckons they were going Arkle pace.

Not the first novice to take a tumble and won't be the last so nothing to lose sleep over.........might even back the double again:)

That said what a joke these Irish races are with at least 10 horses not off a yard.

No matter how good a horse is to be over a fence clear of most of the field after amile is a joke.

Guaranteed some of those who were tailed off will win next time out and the stewards won't say a word.

That's my gripe for the day...........happy punting tomorrow

While I agree with your overall sentiment you have to be realistic. The other horses in the race are nice horses but no where near UDS class so they HAVE TO get run over or they jeopardise their handicap careers. If you follow Irish racing it's vital you evaluate the form of these races through the genuine triers.

If you follow Irish racing it's vital you evaluate the form of these races through the genuine triers.

I think you have to with UK races too. You're doing well if you can find a handful of triers in any ordinary midweek race. I think one of the reasons my ratings vary quite a bit from RPRs and Timeform is that they perhaps feel obliged to take more of the form at face value. I'm quite comfortable concluding that perhaps only the first two or sometimes only the winner was off 100%.

Last edited:
Back