Today is your last chance!

• Thread starter Thread starter SlimChance
  • Start date Start date
Neutral. He's just on a freakishly poor run. Part of it is his fault (choosing Unioniste over Boston Bob in the RSA..who may have stayed on his feet with Ruby on) and part of it is Willie's (wtf was Champagne Fever doing in the Arkle)

Neutral. He's just on a freakishly poor run. Part of it is his fault (choosing Unioniste over Boston Bob in the RSA..who may have stayed on his feet with Ruby on) and part of it is Willie's (wtf was Champagne Fever doing in the Arkle)

Even Ruby Wax would be capable of steering Vautour home.

No way it would be Wax on wax off on the way to the start...but Ruby having not ridden a winning chaser at the festival is totally irrelevant.he is still the best around

With the odd exception Mullins doesn't excel with chasers as he does with hurdlers, simple as. Be interesting to see how Vautour and Un De Sceaux perform in the long term.

No mystery to the fact that Ruby was riding more festival chase winners when he was with Nicholls.

With the odd exception Mullins doesn't excel with chasers as he does with hurdlers, simple as. Be interesting to see how Vautour and Un De Sceaux perform in the long term.

No mystery to the fact that Ruby was riding more festival chase winners when he was with Nicholls.

very true, going forward if he has the ammo I would think he has a great chance of being successful with the chasers too? Nichols yard has always been chase dominated.

Agreed, based on his stable tour when many a horse was quoted as being an exciting staying novice hurdler you'd think that at least one or two of these would be potential Gold Cup contenders for the future or Champion Chase in the case of the speedier types.

My one reservation (and it's quite a big one) is his history with these sort of horses in recent years, basically since the Florida Pearl days.

Boston Bob may yet prove himself to be absolutely top drawer but depsite picking up a couple of decent open G1 prizes he hasn't hit the heights I once thought he may. Back In Focus looked promising, albeit slow but has been off the track for over 18 months. Sir Des Champs after a gallant Gold Cup second in 2013 missed the festival this year and at this rate could well do so again next year. Arvika blows hot & cold and Pont Alexandre - need I say more ?.

I'm not for a second questioning his ability as he's clearly a fantastic trainer but of all the top non-novice chases run in Britain, what does he have on his CV ?. 1 King George. Be My Royal was unlucky to lose the Hennesy granted but that was over ten years ago and I know he's had some near misses but surely with the firepower that has been through his hands there would be more.

But maybe with the current crop that is all about to change.

Last edited:
the problem with this double is that with Sprinter Sacre and Sire De Grugy having problems, there is a chance one of them going to thw Queen Mother

about the pair
I think UDS is a much better horse

There's a chance of course, but can't remember Mullins ever running a novice in a championship race

Not much between them at the moment, but I think Vautour will end up superior

There's a chance of course, but can't remember Mullins ever running a novice in a championship race

Not much between them at the moment, but I think Vautour will end up superior

Faugheen will prove to be a better hurdler and Vautour a better chaser than UDS.

He can still be a very good horse mind

the problem with this double is that with Sprinter Sacre and Sire De Grugy having problems, there is a chance one of them going to thw Queen Mother

about the pair
I think UDS is a much better horse
i'm a UDS fanboy but for me I suspect Vautour has similar ability without the quirks. I think the latter will achieve more.

UDS would have tailed-off in the Champion Hurdle, imo - needs it bottomless.

i doubt it,,you making the error of judging form on what ground was available when it ran..the sire gets fast ground horse..the ground is just a red herring.

it could be argued he will be even better on better ground.

a wasted opportunity imo...and if it had been Henderson training it and avoiding the CH would have got stick here..but as its Mullins..nowt said

totally biased towards that trainer on here

Last edited:
Is it a bit like comparing a very good footballer scoring 6 goals against a championship 2 side and a top striker scoring 2 in a champions league final. I'd take the CL goal scorer gladly

Tent?..you are having a laugh like

UDS is a totally wasted opportunity in a stable where a horse's career isn't planned on what would suit it..its planned on whats in the next box. if it were anyone over here training these osses they would be getting some right stick..but God trains them..so arguments are geared here to make sure he is still God.

Last edited:
Is it a bit like comparing a very good footballer scoring 6 goals against a championship 2 side and a top striker scoring 2 in a champions league final. I'd take the CL goal scorer gladly

no its not really as simple as that

but at end of day..i won't change my mind..and all you lot worship Mullins so will make any excuse up to justify where horses are shoved

Back