Today's Fancy

Ive laid her all day since news broke that plays the flute... Taking anything over 15/8 on...

Off topic slightly but could somebody do me a favour and post the last five winners of the Irish Cambridgeshire? Available on irish-racing.com (which I don't have access to right now).

Just recieved two tips via text in a matter of minutes both for the same race and different horses. I did laugh :lol:

Ventura sands, been flying on the gallops, Fahey believes it will go one better today in this maiden, the Godolphin horses look fairly ordinary by their standards. its 2.4 on Betfair

From a friend: Ruood 2:40 Thirsk. Godolphin raving about this horse. Frankies gone there to ride it. 2-1 sec fav.

What do I do?: :lol::lol:

Just to reflect on Sing Sweetly, she did indeed travel like a dream, and traded a shade of odds on i/r (1.91). it's plausable she might ideally be suited by shorter than a mile and a half, though equally I suspect she might be a little soft off the bridle. Certainly not one to be following off a cliff.

If the horse was one of their best, why would they send it to Thirsk? and why would it be second fav? It may well win, but he can't be that high up the pecking order.

I don't think they're claiming it's one of their best:

Anyway texts are coming in fast just got another one that says:

Down at HQ and there are good vibes for the hannon horse in the 2nd race

Just recieved two tips via text in a matter of minutes both for the same race and different horses. I did laugh :lol:

Ventura sands, been flying on the gallops, Fahey believes it will go one better today in this maiden, the Godolphin horses look fairly ordinary by their standards. its 2.4 on Betfair

From a friend: Ruood 2:40 Thirsk. Godolphin raving about this horse. Frankies gone there to ride it. 2-1 sec fav.

What do I do?: :lol::lol:

odds -on that would happen :mad:

Apologies if I misinterpreted what you meant by 'Godolphin raving about this horse'.

No problems D.J. after that I deserved it -- I'll be a little wiser before I post another tip - although all three people who text them are involed in racing and have proved profitable over a period of time. Unfortunately not today.

Talking of racing cliches, I am so tired of one trotted out (a cliche in itself) yesterday: "And LADY GORIKA has lost nothing in defeat" (as she came third). Well, I beg to differ, sir. She's lost first prize, lost second prize, and hasn't actually WON, which means in plain English - she has lost. By all means say she's lost none of her battling reputation in defeat, but a defeat is a loss, for God's sake. That's what it means. I don't remember crushed armies losing nothing in defeat in any amount of wars across time and geography. Could we stop this nonsense?

I was interested in Mocklershill last time out at Tramore. Ran no race that day and could well do the same tonight, but he must be of interest on his Gowran form (which has worked out nicely) off just 6lb higher in the handicap hurdle at Clonmel tonight. I could see him dotting him in a weak race (which tonight's certainly is) if he ever puts it together again. 16's looks worth chancing to small stakes.

Highly Regal win + place in the 3.20 - got a great record here..won 6 out of 9 over c/d..unplaced once

now unplaced twice :)

Last edited:
Newcastle 2:20 - Mark Johnstons last 7 horses that have run in this race finished – 1-2-2-1-2-1-6 - he runs Tasfeya who is related to plenty of winners over this distance. 11.5 win & 2.2 place - I'm hopeful of at least a place and have staked 20/80.

I have been waiting for Tootsie Wootsie to run for a long time now - interesting to see how she goes against the well fancied Oxx horse (Askeria) in the maiden at Roscommon.

Back