Today's Fancy

Today at Naas i like the look of Flic Flac in the 2.35, really caught my eye the last day, thought he could have won that maiden and wouldnt need to improve much to win this race. Someone must agree with me as there has been plenty of cash for it.

The other one i think that has a chance at 8/1 is La Chosette later on in the card, with Ben Curtis up. This is the pick of his rides today, he got a winner yesterday and nearly doubled up on headford lady later, the weight told on her in the end. Today i think this has definate claims at a nice price.

May do a trixie as well if someone can nominate a winner in waiting for me...

I have won a few quid messing around this afternoon and I have laid Silverhand for the lot in the 350 at 2/5.I saw him win his flat maiden by a street in Tramore and he subsequently has proved listed level on the flat.
I don't believe he is a natural hurdler and he often finds a flat spot in his races.I will try and take a profit if he touches 3.8.

Was looking at iPhone in work and he was about the 1/2 mark for a lot of the e
race.Unfortunately work got in the way of the final half mile or so.I will have a big payday on that horse-eventually.

Possibly not as good a payday as trainer Des Donovan had with his bet on DERBY DESIRE in the last at Brighton today, Luke - he won £10,000 on her, while the owner had £250 e/w @ 40-1 (horse closed at 33-1)! Just as well, as the prize money was £1,519.

:D Cosy toes for winter, then! Have you seen how expensive those 'keep fit' thingies are?!! They've got a sort of rocker sole which is supposed to tighten up all sorts of bits of your body - around £100 for the trainers, unless you buy them in the USA, when they're about £30-40. The only snag is, you have to actually walk in them to get fit. If I could just sit around in them and they'd still do the job...

So there's a jockey i've been following for a good while now (and others on here I know have too) in amateur races, Point-To-Points and against pro's on the course. She isn't the strongest in a finish but horses run for her, often see them place at ridiculously big prices so feel she's worth backing anytime she rides under rules, Gina Andrews her name is and she's got three down at Fakenham today.

14:35 Pheidias
15:45 Ovthenight
16:20 Tricky Tree

She's ridden all three before - some with more success than others whilst her boss Pam Sly's horses are in decent enough form with just 4 runners in recent weeks, three at Huntingdon (ridden by Gina Andrews) on the 12th resulting in a 7th of 15, 2nd of 9 (9/1) and a 2nd of 5 (20/1) whilst her sole flat runner in this time was Admiral Rodney who finished 3rd of 13 (20/1) two days later at Kempton.

Will be having a multiple bet on the three.

Martin

Martin
The 2.35 is very competetive and since Roddy has No Panic I'd do a small rev. exacta.

Without turning into a spokesman for Bet365, their option to take a price on a forecast, with Best Price Guarantee against the csf, is excellent. Currently 12.39 for No Panic / Phideas and vice versa.

14:35 Pheidias - 2nd of 5 (SP 3/1)
15:45 Ovthenight - 4th of 7 (SP 12/1)
16:20 Tricky Tree - 4th of 11 (SP 17/2)

Not a great set of results today

Last edited:
I should have known you'd done the Gina treble.

Presumably tomorrow it'll be Leulahleulahlay & Ruby Valentine in ew doubles with Beau Fighter?

As I have said on this site before I believe Clowance had the heart and soul knocked out of her in last years Irish Leger and it's hard for a mare to recover from that kind of treatment.Tom Segal believes that she wouldn't be still in training if she wasn't doing it on the gallops but how many Group horses do SeasonsHolidays have.
I have place laid her for a fairly decent chunk at a shade of odds on.

Possibly not as good a payday as trainer Des Donovan had with his bet on DERBY DESIRE in the last at Brighton today, Luke - he won £10,000 on her, while the owner had £250 e/w @ 40-1 (horse closed at 33-1)! Just as well, as the prize money was £1,519.

Does he call himself Des, Krizon? I've heard him called that but he's generally listed as Julian in racing publications, which is slightly confusing.

As I have said on this site before I believe Clowance had the heart and soul knocked out of her in last years Irish Leger and it's hard for a mare to recover from that kind of treatment.Tom Segal believes that she wouldn't be still in training if she wasn't doing it on the gallops but how many Group horses do SeasonsHolidays have.
I have place laid her for a fairly decent chunk at a shade of odds on.

Agree with you but have backed the2 godolphin horses instead.

Back