Today's Fancy

Live Like A King 3rd according to Des. I thought it looked like Long Live The King!

More importantly he done me in the last furlong for my each way money.

Last edited:
I'm happy now to back Youm Mutamiez in the 7.00 Dundalk at 5.6 on Betfair as my last stab of the night.

A big gamble in fairness. 14/1 with Bet365 this morning but as I said earlier these boys are not guessing. They already have a big 2yo sales winner this year. I was delighted I did not chase the price this morning and got 5.6.

A big gamble in fairness. 14/1 with Bet365 this morning but as I said earlier these boys are not guessing. They already have a big 2yo sales winner this year. I was delighted I did not chase the price this morning and got 5.6.

Nice one Gearoid- had bit's n pieces at 4.6:cool:

Herostatus looks a strong lay at 5/4 in the 8.30..not well handicapped in particularly and Johnston horses are in shocking form compared to their normal November form

Last edited:
James de Vassy should go well in the fixed brush race at Haydock. And we get a decent price because of Grand Crus's presence.

I've laid What a Friend at ludicrous odds as well. Can't believe Mr Segal has selected him.

Think According To Pete is overpriced in the same race Euro - won the race two years ago off the same mark he races off today, been below par since but the yard is in good form and he warrants a small each-way bet at 20/1

When you've done your brains in the afternoon, never fear as Straversjoy is a steering job in the last at Wolverhampton. Ideally suited by 12f on poly and still well handicapped. Amazed to see her dropped 1 lb for her last effort. 11/4? Should be 13/8.

Does the market move Nayessence dilute your confidence?

Nayessence almost certainly a better horse on AW but handicapped accordingly. He's only fairly treated off 60. It's not a typical MWE punt, in that it's got a couple of stone in hand in old form. I do think he'd need to improve if Straversjoy is on her game, but Easterby's punts obviously have to be respected. The benefit of that horse being ready to go and off for it's life is that it's likely to ensure a good pace with Straversjoy will be suited by.

I'm quite drawn by Noverre To Go in the 3.40 Lingfield, his second to Take Ten (who obliged for us last Saturday) looks decent and whilst this is a step up in class, it's not the strongest listed race I've seen and they all seem to be glorified handicappers. He's won over C&D and should get to chase a decent pace with Tweedy (who will be dangerous if she gets her own way) up front.

At 12/1, he's a nice EW bet, especially if you can bag the 1/4 odds that some firms are offering.

Back