Today's Fancy

Last 100 yards? Hats off to the odds compilers. A tight match bet :rolleyes:

I thinl you were right to bim the docket. Imagine telling the story if you had the bet and the result went the other way.

Last edited:
On a randon 100 selectios I would be 5/6 in a match between any named firms EP and SP to a £1 level stake.

There is simply no way you can win betting SP long term, you can at EPs. All the Pros and senior traders will say the same.

That could be said of any price.

Cannot see Giants Serapis beaten in the first tomorrow. If the tissue price of 9/4 is correct it's a lump on job! His maiden form is serious - way ahead of anything that has run and way beyond the potential of anything unraced. My only issue would be that some of Mr P's maidens can get turned over on the third or fourth maiden runs fairly regularly. I do believe this fellow has the size about him to continue to improve. He was backed as if defeat was out of the question in what looked a decent Leopardstown maiden last time - where his unfancied stable companion beat him.
Any vibes from the curragh - remembering you tucked us away in the nursery last week G!!

He was done at 1/10 in running last time. On paper he should win but he's a bit gutless. I'd want 15/8 at the very least.

Last edited:
Cannot see Giants Serapis beaten in the first tomorrow. If the tissue price of 9/4 is correct it's a lump on job! His maiden form is serious - way ahead of anything that has run and way beyond the potential of anything unraced. My only issue would be that some of Mr P's maidens can get turned over on the third or fourth maiden runs fairly regularly. I do believe this fellow has the size about him to continue to improve. He was backed as if defeat was out of the question in what looked a decent Leopardstown maiden last time - where his unfancied stable companion beat him.
Any vibes from the curragh - remembering you tucked us away in the nursery last week G!!

I believe most horses in their third or fourth maiden get turned over regardless of trainer, usually because they are no bloody good.

Last edited:
There is simply no way you can win betting SP long term, you can at EPs. All the Pros and senior traders will say the same.

Grandmas are advised not to go down dark alleys at 10 o'clock at night. It doesn't mean they deserve to get hit on the head and robbed should they go down one.

What about my old mate Long Live The King tonight.Professional loser and awkward with it but I'm not sure I want to be laying him in a late November maiden.Maybe if he gets chinned tonight he will be removed from the Derby betting.

Dundalk tonight:

6.00 Memphis Tennessee 11/8 (NAP)

Before anyone accuses me of putting them away if Prendergast's Giants Serapis wins I'll say the following. I have never backed him. I have used the horse to crab form lines of those that have finished in front of him and I think the horse has a problem that he can't go through with his effort. He seemed to pick up on his third run but on the other three times he has flattered to deceive and been done odds at on in running. Do not be surprised to see Joseph O'Brien's mount sent off around a 4/5 favourite.

Long Live The King is useless. Brown Butterfly is a lot better than VCbets quote of 11/1 (10/1 with William Hill) and rates a confident each way bet in the race. That is if you can get on each way!

Youm Mutamiez
Bet365 went 14/1 about this live one this morning. I can't bring myself to chase the price at current odds of 7/2 but I have the upmost respect for the stable when they fancy a 2 yo. They’re not guessing.

Last edited:
Have missed the fancy prices but I quite like Suzhou in the 4.45 Wolves, she's ran in some pretty hot races round Wolves and remains quite unexposed with some improvement left in her. The fav looks a terrible price given his laboured effort at Southwell the other day and with question marks over the trip. I also think Catherine Gannon is riding particularly well at present, the 14s was too big and there's arguably still a bit of juice in the 9s available.

I also quite like Sonapour in the 6.00 Dundalk, the pick on the AW figures and will happily go against Gearoid with this one, especially if you can back it EW.

Back