Tom Queally

• Thread starter Thread starter Gearoid
  • Start date Start date
G

Gearoid

Lands a 614/1 double on outside rides, one from the front and one from off the pace, one in a big field handicap and one in a Group 2. He has it all as a jockey at the moment.

Top class, just hasn't put a foot wrong of late.

This is why he's getting rides like Special Duty yesterday.

Always a positive on any mount. Cecil is very lucky he snapped him up before Gosden etc got a hold of him.

I tried to find the approbrium heaped on his crash hat for losing the One Thousand Guineas on JACQUELINE QUEST... is all forgiven, then? At the time, didn't someone wonder why on earth HRAC retained him? Or was it just Ardross? :lol:

Last edited:
I have my biggest bet of the year going on Forte Dei Marmi in the big handicap at York on Saturday and the only thing stopping me topping up even more now he has a decent draw is the fact that Tom somehow isn't available for the ride.

He's a very nice young fellow - did anyone catch him at a meeting this week, signing every autograph for a bunch of youngsters on a school's tour of the course? He is quiet (well on course, anyway - don't know if he's a rip off it), respectful, articulate, and a teeny bit more demonstrative than Ryan, so has all the makings of a popular top jockey of the near future.

Quotes from people associated with young Tom "Quality" Queally:

“Tom gave him a great ride, he’s a great jockey and I look forward to the future years,”

Sir Henry Cecil, trainer of Coral Eclipse winner Twice Over

”The Prince has decided that Tom Queally will ride Special Duty. He is a very good jockey and has done very well for the owner…it is ironic because she cost him the Guineas [when riding Jacqueline Quest] and now he will ride her in this race!”

Trainer of Special Duty Criquette Head-Maarek

"Tom Queally is a young, personable and hugely-talented jockey with the racing world at his feet. He is sure to carry the Racing UK brand to great success at many high profile races this year.

Commercial Director of Racing UK, Nick Mills

In the interest of fairness and a balanced view, I will post negative quotes too, as soon as I can find any that is....

Last edited:
I dont think he is all that. He is not a bad jockey but nothing outstanding, Im not keen on his whip happy antics in the big races.

kurtz-1.jpg

...............................,-~*`¯lll... .....
...........................,-~*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll¯`*-,..........................................
......................,-~*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll*-,......................................
..................,-*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll.\... ..................................
................;*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll,-~*~-,llllllllllllllllllll\....................................
................\lllllllllllllllllllllllllll/...........\;;;;llllllllllll,-`~-,................................
.................\lllllllllllllllllllll,-*.............`~-~-,...(.(¯`*,`,...............................
...................\llllllllllll,-~*........................)_-\..*`*;..)..............................
.....................\,-*`¯,*`)............,-~*`~................../...............................
.....................|/.../.../~,......-~*,-~*`;.................../.\..............................
.................../.../..../..../..,-,..*~,.`*~*..................*...\.......................... ...
...................|.../.../..../.*`...\................................)....)¯`~,........... .........
...................|./..../..../........).........)`*~-,............../.....|..)...`~-,..............
.................././.../....,*`-,.....`-,....*`....,---......\...../...../..|..........¯```*~-,,,,
.................(............)`*~-,.....`*`.,-~*.,-*.......|.../..../..../...............\..........
..................*-,.......`*-,...`~,..``.,,,-*.............|.,*...,*....|.................\.........
......................*,.........`-,....)-,..................,-*`...,-*.....(`-,..............\........
........................f`-,........`-,/...*-,___,,-~*.....,-*......|....`-,...............\.......

I'd never back a creature at that price but he was the best horse in the race by a country mile. He gave the horse far too much to do.

Back