Tom Queally

• Thread starter Thread starter Gearoid
  • Start date Start date
Indeed he did.
It shows what Warren Place means to him and the respect he has for it.
Also may indicate that he was the right man for Sir Henry in recent yrs after all Sir Henry had gone through. Hopefully the future will be bright for all concerned.
Given the filly was a 14th foal of the dam it puts huge value on all Juddmonte mares.
Hats of to James Delahooke who helped get the operation started 35 yrs ago.

Queally often harshly criticised on here by the couch potatoe brigade! Not the best riding at the moment, but certainly not the worst.

I think he's a decent jockey, a positive for horses that he rides regularly, but probably should've been third on Noble Mission.

What his ride on Disclaimer in the vase like? The horse pulled his arms out for half the race then he took it up about 5f out and the horse folded like a cheap deck chair. The horse cleary didn't help him, but it was an awful ride.

He was pretty hopeless on Sunrise Star at Ponty today too . He rides plenty of good races but for me he makes far too many mistakes for a top jockey - he is often in the wrong place to my eyes.

He was pretty hopeless on Sunrise Star at Ponty today too . He rides plenty of good races but for me he makes far too many mistakes for a top jockey - he is often in the wrong place to my eyes.

Jesus sometimes he's shocking but the lad gets it done on the big days, I like that.

I am not sure he does get it done on the big days .

Frankel would have won for any good jockey and it is difficult to think of anyone amongst the top flight who would have given him as bad a ride as he did in the St James's Palace and I think , albeit he gave her a very good ride when she won the Breeders Cup he cost Midday at least 2 G1 wins .

People slag off that ride, but I've now come to the conclusion Queally was just trying to repeat the ride from the Royal Lodge and it went a bit wrong. I'm pretty sure Cecil knew at the beginning of that year that unless Pegasus showed up Frankel was going to tear everyone a new bumhole and they wanted to show off.

No chance - Queally panicked when Rerouted went clear . In the Royal Lodge he cruised up on the bit off the turn - in the SJPS he was set alight four out - it was one of the worst rides I have ever seen - up there with Geoff Lewis in the 1969 Eclipse on Park Top , Eddery on El Gran Senor in the 1984 Derby and Starkey in the 1986 on Dancing Brave - the difference being the horse's talent saved Queally's arse .

Queally atrocious again today on First Mohican - I know why not in a 12f race make the pace on a 10f horse that has run its best races held up .

Hot Snap wasn't pretty yesterday either - lucky to avoid a ban for barging Sky Lantern and then riding it up every arse going .

Queally atrocious again today on First Mohican - I know why not in a 12f race make the pace on a 10f horse that has run its best races held up .

Hot Snap wasn't pretty yesterday either - lucky to avoid a ban for barging Sky Lantern and then riding it up every arse going .

Agree

quelllls_zps11c7dfb1.jpg

Thought both Simon Holt and Claire Balding were pushing it with their "beautifully timed run", mind.:lol:

Last edited:
his figures say he is no better or worse than any other jockey

his UK figures since April read

45/332

the odds suggested he should win 47 races..an A/E of 0.96

not seeing a problem tbh..except that his poor rides seem to get highlighted more than others

all jockeys f00k races up at some point..all of them

compare him to Dettori when he came back..he is now riding better but his figures early on were poor...never saw much comment about his poor rides though

Dettori
A/E figures

June = 0.46
July = 0.46
August = 0.96

Back