Totesport Bowl -Aintree

As I said on the other thread, i don't see too many doubts about Denman and think anything close to evens is great value. he's much the best horse, is going the right way round, and 3m1 here is a good enough test, not that he lacks pace.

Not sure what race you were watching IS.

Denman looked lazy but was always going to get up.

Last edited:
Hamm I think you will be in the minority there - he was running out of steam very fast and the camera just showed him totally wobbly on his legs and shaking

Very well done to the Pipe team and to Tom Scu - to take even a not quite right Denman - twice - is a huge feat
Horse is very good on a flat track

Last edited:
ST asked for a big jump and he banked it - the same thing that Master Minded and Kauto have done in the past and at the same fence.

Denman fell because he was fecked....would have been very close but I thought the Pipe horse was on top. Hope the horse is alright.

Sam Thomas did not ask him for a big jump, he actually sat on on his at the end letting Denman pop it if he could.

Don't see how you work that out, Hamm - his fall was caused imo by a measure of tiredness and disinterest - read the horse's head carriage in the preceding furlong...

Personally thought Denman would have won, he was just getting upsides and the way Madison walked up the run in, I feel Denman would have edged it. He just took off too early, real shame.

He seemed to take off from a wrong stride too far back, as he barely got through the fence.

I have no idea why they rode him from so far back for half the race.

It looked a tussle for quite some way, and I know which of the two i'd rather be on in that scenario.

Hope Denman is okay - any news?

Hope denman is alright was not walking well after fall never in creation would he have won still think he should have been rested after gc.

Looked a tired fall to me. Difficult to say whether he would have beaten Madison de Berlais as that one was out on his feet on the run-in.

Don't see how you work that out, Hamm - his fall was caused imo by a measure of tiredness and disinterest - read the horse's head carriage in the preceding furlong...

Disinterest must have been because he was battling away despite clearly not been at his best :confused:

I'm not sure how anyone could think there was much in it, and as I said in a battle from there on in, I'd much rather be with Denman.

He seemed to take off from a wrong stride too far back, as he barely got through the fence.

It looked a tussle for quite some way, and I know which of the two i'd rather be on in that scenario.

Hope Denman is okay - any news?

I was watching the race with a few people and after a few fences I said it to the group that I thought he was not travelling.

Thomas looked even to be waking the horse up on the way into the start.

Strange tactics to ride him from where they did but they made no difference.

Want to see it again but they went like shit off a shovel early and I'm not sure it was entirely by design to be so far back early as he never seemed to be travelling fluently, running in snatches from very early on.

ST tried to move him closer up the straight but he was never travelling all that well. Exotic Dancer didn't jump a fence and was still only beaten 8 or 10 lengths in the end, must be a hell of a frustrating horse to own/train.

Hamm he was ridden from so far back becuase he wasn;t interested or comfortable until aobut 2/3 of the wya through the race. I think you are seeing what you want to see, in Denman, not what was actually happening

In hindsight I expect we all wish he'd been put away til next year as this will leave a scar. The horse looked very badly shaken indeed after that

Theory #3: If Denman had stayed up, Exotic Dancer would have let the front two battle each other to a standstill and pounced late on...

Want to see it again but they went like shit off a shovel early and I'm not sure it was entirely by design to be so far back early as he never seemed to be travelling fluently, running in snatches from very early on.

Spot on.

Also looks to me like Exotic Dancer is not one to trust anymore.

Also looks to me like Exotic Dancer is not one to trust anymore.

Anymore? He's a bit like Youmzain, he's been running the same race for years!

RUK say Denman is ok bar a slight overreach.

Side on shows Denman was a neck up when falling, how can people say he was tired or getting tired, when at the previous fence the head on shows him 1/2L, if anything he was closing down on Madison, not struggling, just unlucky that Sam looked like he was going for a big one, then changed his mind and tried to let Denman find his feet to pop it and it caused Denman to guess his fence.

Was he ever? LOL I've never liked ED at all - have no feelign for him whetever.
Some horses catch the heart, witht heir will to win etc etc - ED just doesn't!

Back