TV coverage

It's almost as though Chapman was brought in to assume McCrirrick's old mantle and pass himself as some loud mouth eccentric who just knows about betting. He's far better than that, and, imo, would be a very good anchor. He does know his stuff.

That's what I've suspected all along.

Because Cheltenham, The Derby, Royal Ascot etc won't be on there. Go figure.

So what - change the channel. On ALL TVs (unless you still rent one from the 1970s), there is a function called TV Guide. You press that and it give you a nice screen showing all the channels and a guide to what is on your TV. My granny is 97 years old and can figure this out. Its the craziest complaint I've ever heard.

I find it sad that something like the TV coverage is causing division.

It was supposed to be a bright new dawn. I for one hoped we'd all be celebrating an entertaining and informative new product, an eclectic condensation of C4, ATR, RUK and BBC.

What do we get?

Chapman - ignorant loudmouth
Harvey - clown
Bell - lightweight
Chamberlin - lightweight
Persad - clearly sleeping with somebody with influence as there's no other explanation for his appearance on any sports programme.

I'll agree with Harvey and Persad. The rest are well liked excellent presenters. Hayley Turner on the other hand has a voice that should never be broadcasted.

So what - change the channel. On ALL TVs (unless you still rent one from the 1970s), there is a function called TV Guide. You press that and it give you a nice screen showing all the channels and a guide to what is on your TV. My granny is 97 years old and can figure this out. Its the craziest complaint I've ever heard.

Is your 97yo granny interested in the future of racing, or does she just train her grandchildren to spout codescending crap on racing forums?

Is your 97yo granny interested in the future of racing, or does she just train her grandchildren to spout codescending crap on racing forums?

She can't help with people who haven't figured out how a telly works or the fact that the media has changed somewhat from when they had buttons on top of them. The future of racing isn't terrestrial TV. Same goes for all sports. People banging on about what channel its on are living in the wrong century.

I'll agree with Harvey and Persad. The rest are well liked excellent presenters. Hayley Turner on the other hand has a voice that should never be broadcasted.

I don't visit any forums for any other sports so there's a bit of me wonders why I/we are involved in the debate about the presenters themselves.

I have plenty of criticisms of presenters of other programmes but don't feel the need to express them so don't understand why I feel so strongly about this lot. Maybe it's simply down to the fact that it has been a major change (again) switching the 'home' of terrestrial TV coverage.

I'm not convinced the other presenters are well liked either and for my money they are far from excellent. It's all a matter of opinion, obviously, but Nick Luck leaves the current crop for dead when it comes to on-screen professionalism.

I was Hayley's biggest critic as a jockey and never understood the general perception that she was a bit of a doll (she's girl-next-door nice) but she definitely enhances the programme, probably because we're used to the meaningless drivel Mick Fitz spouts. Even McCoy does nothing when he's on. Weaver is good too. Hayley needs help with her grammar but her voice is fine and her accent is appealingly regional. Unlike Francesca who comes across as a grating snob. Even Poshgirl PLunkett doesn't do that.

I got the impression nobody ever gave Tanya the help she needed but maybe they did and she couldn't assimilate it. It's a bit like when Gordon STrachan quoted a very successful Italian manager (Lippi?): if you have to tell a player to do something three times and they still can't/don't do it, get rid of them.

How can Chapman say Queesn's Trust "has 10lbs in hand" when she isn't even top rated?

If they're supposed to be catering for the uninitiated - as the betting explanations imply - this comes across as irresponsible.

Well, I have to say, Charlotte (whoever she is) has certainly set an incredibly high standard in the fashion stakes.

Works for me...

Emilia Fox would look good in anything. Or nothing.

Just for you, BennyB :)

attachment.php

Attachments

• specsavers.png
    specsavers.png
    5.7 KB · Views: 130
Indeed, Ben. The eye of the beholder and all that.

Ms Fox just does nothing for me, clothes or no clothes.

But I'm a spoiled man. I've met jinnyj :)

Call me an arch cynic but I can't help thinking Koukash was doing his best to put punters away with Angel Gabrial today.

I don't recall ever seeing him talk one up like that.

What's the plan - get it beat today then pop up at a bigger price in a better race off a lower mark and make excuses for not winning when 'expected' today?

Call me an arch cynic but I can't help thinking Koukash was doing his best to put punters away with Angel Gabrial today.

I don't recall ever seeing him talk one up like that.

What's the plan - get it beat today then pop up at a bigger price in a better race off a lower mark and make excuses for not winning when 'expected' today?

I don't think Koukash is a gambler -a few years ago at the Chester May meeting he had an odds on shot in a maiden and when interviewed on RUK he said he didn't expect it to win -drifted from 8/13 to odds against and got chinned.

Back