TV coverage

Anyone who was watching Racing UK yesterday afternoon had the treat of seeing and hearing the lovely Tanya Stevenson cover the racing from Beverley. The poor man who shared the studio duties with her was Alex Stedman, I tweeted my sympathies to him.

How the hell do these bluffers get the gig????

Nepotism.

Anyone who was watching Racing UK yesterday afternoon had the treat of seeing and hearing the lovely Tanya Stevenson cover the racing from Beverley. The poor man who shared the studio duties with her was Alex Stedman, I tweeted my sympathies to him.

How the hell do these bluffers get the gig????

Colin-I am a long term critic of Tanya but when someone like you speaks out against her it says a lot.

Is anyone else getting rather tired of the constant AustraliaMelbourneCup obsession from Ms Cumani? Every other sentence!

Angus Macnae talking some unadulterated mince on The Verdict this evening.

Shouldn't be allowed within a 100 yards of a Jumps race analysis. A complete slaver.

The Morning Show is still a very poor offering. Far too much padding shite and not enough proper racing substance.

The racing programme itself in the afternoon still isn't doing it for me either. The team come across as enthusiastic enough but lacking in a deeper understanding of the game. And I still can't take to Hoiles as a commentator. In races in which I don't have a bet, I have an incomplete picture of which horse is where in the race.

That Ladbrokes ad with Chris Kamara laughing at Roger Loughran mistaking the post at Leop on Central House is doing my head in and is both crass and a poor image of how racing should be advertised.

jockeys get it enough in the neck from ignorant punters without sh*t like this on the screen.

Am sure RL has got enough grief over the years and exercised the demons of this at this stage without it playing every 30 mins on telly.

That Ladbrokes ad with Chris Kamara laughing at Roger Loughran mistaking the post at Leop on Central House is doing my head in and is both crass and a poor image of how racing should be advertised.

jockeys get it enough in the neck from ignorant punters without sh*t like this on the screen.

Am sure RL has got enough grief over the years and exercised the demons of this at this stage without it playing every 30 mins on telly.

100% agree. I was there that day and some idiots disgraced themselves after the race with their vitriol. Guy hasn't had a break since and that ad is just tasteless and wrong.

Last edited:

I would imagine that was not only career defining but life defining for RL -the Ladbrokes ad is demeaning and is starting to bore me now.

The following is a post from RacingUK's Facebook page, be wary if you decide to go for the free trial

"Absolutely disgusted at RacingUK and their scheming and conniving terms on their 30 day trial. So i called up on my 29th day, unfortunately for me it was a Saturday, they're only open Monday to Friday so after calling up this morning on the 31st day i am now entered into a 12 month contract. Its all in their terms and conditions. Can't imagine they have too many happy customers, if your not one of them or have experienced something similar, come back to me. Also there customer service department is the most unhelpful and rude one I've ever come across! Unbelievable"

Extending this to a general media topic.

I have 5 different tweets from the Racing Post today in reference to a Frankel offspring running in a 3YO hurdle at Catterick as if it were of some kind of racing significance. I have a pain in me b*llocks with that paper trying to Beckhamise that horse. A Frankel gelding running at Catterick is just a breeding failure, nothing more or less. Why do they do this?

RUK wanted to charge me full price for a second subscription after I got sky in the extension.When I complained that wasn’t in their terms and conditions they responded by changing their terms and conditions.Horrible customer service ethic.

Back