Two Apprentice Jockeys Killed

Irish Stamp

Forum Moderator
Tony Ennis on ATR reporting that two apprentice jockeys have been killed in a fire at a block of flats lived in by jockeys near Malton.

RIP :(

TWO apprentice jockeys are believed to have been killed in a fire at a block of flats in Norton, near Malton, North Yorkshire.

The Racing Post understands that they were attached to the John Quinn stable.

Awful news. Reported that 2 casualties, men believed to be in their early 20's, have been taken to hospital with burns and smoke inhalation too. Sporting Life

A Darker side!!!

Police have made an arrest following the the death fire at Malton,

I hope they get H.M.P. (a very long time)

the loss of the the 2 + 2 others injured, my thoughts are with all involved, a very dark day.

Last edited:
I think it's important to say that there have only been arrested, nobody has been charged so it's too early to be talking of sentencing. It's very sad news but lets keep within the law on here.

The BBC are reporting that Jamie Kyne's family have confirmed he is one of the two jockeys who died - just terrible news .

I don't take much notice of what goes on oop North, except big racedays, but it would have been hard to miss the promise shown by this young jockey - he was a HUGE talent. The other kid looked very promising too.

Unthinkable what their families must be feeling. Talk abput highs and lows of racing

Still can't believe it.

Jamie had ridden our horse with distinction in two of his last three runs and I was looking forward to seeing him going one better in the near future.

Now that won't be able to happen.

RIP to both Jan & Jamie

To the families of the victims my sincere condolences. To the victims may you rest in peace.

Back