Two year olds of 2013

The Sea the Stars-Zarkava colt is with Alain de Royer-Dupre.
It's strange that the Rags to Riches colt is with Fabre, I thought I saw a tweet with a photo of him at Ballydoyle back in November. Also, he's about the only Coolmore Galileo colt who doesn't have a Derby entry.

The Aga Khan must own the Zarkava colt, so I'd guess he would go into training with De Royer-Dupre in France.

Re Rags to Riches offspring, Miesque, do you know where her now 3 year old colt by Henrythenavigator is? Did he make it to the races last year - does he have a name?

Fastnet Rock (AUS)
2013 STUD FEE: Private
12-y-o b horse
PEDIGREE: Danehill (USA) (9.0f) — Piccadilly Circus (AUS) (Royal Academy (USA) (8.5f))
STANDING: Coolmore Stud (IRE)
SIRE COMMENT: Australian champion sprinter, champion sire in Australia; first n.hemisphere 2yos 2013
TRAINER: Paul Perry
OWNER: Mrs John Magnier
BREEDER: Linley Investments Et Al

According to the Racing Post.

I've been trying to put together a list of First Season Sires. The list below isnot a comprehensive one, so if anyone can add to the list (or point out one that I've got wrong) please do, t'would be much appreciated.

AQLAAM

ARCHIPENKO

ART CONNOISSEUR

BUSHRANGER

CAPTAIN GERRARD

DANDY MAN

FASTNET ROCK

INTENSE FOCUS

MASTERCRAFTSMAN

MYBOYCHARLIE

NAQOOS

SEA THE STARS

SOLDIER OF FORTUNE

WINKER WATSON

YEATS

Stan James have SEA THE STARS at 1/4 to be champion first season sire!

It is decided by number of winners, right?

In which case there might be value in the market.

ADLERFLUG
AQLAAM
ARCHIPENKO
ART CONNOISSEUR
ARTISTE ROYAL
BUSHRANGER
CAPTAIN GERRARD
CHAMPS ELYSEES
CREACHADOIR
DANDY MAN
DUNKERQUE
INTENSE FOCUS
IT’S GINO
KANDAHAR RUN
KANDIDATE
KAP ROCK
LE HAVRE
MAJOR CADEAUX
MASTERCRAFTSMAN
MR SIDNEY
MYBOYCHARLIE
NAAQOOS
PALACE EPISODE
POMELLATO
RED ROCKS
SEA THE STARS
SEPTIMUS
SOLDIER OF FORTUNE
THE CARBON UNIT
VIRTUAL
WINKER WATSON
YEATS
ZAMBEZI SUN

The Aga Khan must own the Zarkava colt, so I'd guess he would go into training with De Royer-Dupre in France.

Re Rags to Riches offspring, Miesque, do you know where her now 3 year old colt by Henrythenavigator is? Did he make it to the races last year - does he have a name?

To my knowledge the 3yo is no longer in training.

The Sea the Stars-Zarkava colt is with Alain de Royer-Dupre.
It's strange that the Rags to Riches colt is with Fabre, I thought I saw a tweet with a photo of him at Ballydoyle back in November. Also, he's about the only Coolmore Galileo colt who doesn't have a Derby entry.

Maybe broken at Ballydoyle then shipped to France?

Thanks for that, Sequoyah. I would have thought that, given RTR's proven stamina, both Giant's Causeway and Henry would have been better matches for her than Galileo. I guess it's a question of watch this space, or rather watch for the colt in Fabre's yard.

Given that stamina, it's surprising that he's not one of the 27 Galileo colts entered by Coolmore in next year's Derby, including two other Galileo colts trained by Fabre.

Back