Urban Sea- Dead

Hmmm, makes sense if there was a fall out as I am surprised that the Coolmore news on their website does not include a tribute to the dam of their Champion Sire.

I have no doubts whatsoever that there was a massive big fallout. as said, not been back to coolmore sire desite bringing by FAR the best results with their sire-line-stallion. guess it was a case of maximum profit for coolmore regardless the other party .....:ninja:

her fortunes as a broodmare certainly sort of "detoriated" from there on - after all, she achieved so much before it would have prob been asking too much anyway.

Perhaps Sea the stars or the Invincible Spirit foal can improve the record of non Coolmore stallions.

I remember Urban Ocean also Gal, an admirable horse.

Question for the pedigree history experts: how many other dams have produced different winners of a Guineas and a Derby?

Absolutely thrilled for her, came over all emotional and was in tears! :o

What a mare, like a rare flower. Leaves a brilliant legacy.

That was lovely, even if the chance was missed by RUK to pay tribute to her. And what a son! I really love SEA THE STARS - big but strong and well-made (check the size of those hooves), handsome, and genuine. He enjoyed a good slurp from his bucket, but note how he was hardly blowing at all - must have great lung room. A superb legacy, as has been said.

Having seen a pic of Black Sam Bellamy and looking at Sea The Stars Urban Sea had the knack of producing beautiful progeny, for sure. Not just beautiful, but talented too. A lovely story.

Urban Sea might be gone but at least she has some progeny still producing:

Melikah:
- Burj Nahar - 2 year old colt by Shamardal
- Unnamed - Yearling colt by Pivotal

All Too Beautiful:
- Unnamed - 2 year old filly by Giants Causeway (with Wachman)
- Unnamed - yearling filly by Kingmambo

My Typhoon:
- Unnamed - Foal by Awesome Again

Cherry Hinton - cannot find anything yet on Cherry Hinton (should be foaling this year I would have thought)

Wow - they sound a lovely group of prospects. I 'vote for' the yearling Kingmambo/All Too Beautiful filly. I hope this wonderful family keeps going and going.

She's the kind of horse most people can only dream of, on and off the course. Wouldn't it be great if STS could do the Guineas/Derby double.

The more I look at the success of her offspring, the more staggered I get at her ability to produce talented offspring. I realise racing post ratings may exclude some of the better foreign based performers of one or two of these stallions, but, on racing post ratings, she has produced:

- The best offspring of Lammtarra, Melikah 116.
- The best son of Cape Cross, Sea the Stars, 123, who only needs an RPR of 125 to be rated Cape Cross's best offspring (Ouija Board is rated 124).
- The third best offspring of Sadlers Wells, the Champion Sire, Galileo, 132.
- The joint fourth best offspring of Giants Causeway, My Typhoon, 118.
- The eight best rated offspring of Bering, Urban Ocean, RPR 117

Of her offspring to race, only Cherry Hinton (ex Green Desert) has proved unexceptional, yet has still attained a more than respectable RPR of 103.

How many mares have been mated with such a variety of stallions and yet produced so many of that sires top performers. As I mentioned above, staggering.

thats what the german bloodlines do for you! by a son of mr prospector, there is no northern dancer to be seen, so she is a great mate for nearly everthing over here, and she is, wonder of wonders, inbreed to a very very good german broodmare, aster. talking about urban sea one has to talk about allegretta, and what a legacy she founded.

one could even say what would she have been able to produce if there wasnt a fall-out with coolmore?

Update on her legacy still to come...

Cherry Hinton

2010 Montjeu colt
2009 Montjeu filly

All Too Beautiful

2010 Dansili colt
2009 Kingmambo
2008 Wonder Of Wonders – Kingmambo filly

Melikah

2010 Street Cry colt
2009 Monsun colt
2008 Chief Of Staff – Pivotal colt

My Typhoon

2009 Awesome Again colt

And her last foal is due to go into training with John Oxx soon:
From the RP:

By Bloodstock World Staff
IT remains a case of so far so good for Sea The Stars' yearling three-parts brother by Invincible Spirit, who is enjoying one final month of grass at Gilltown Stud before heading to John Oxx's Currabeg Stables.
As the final foal out of the Tsui family's 1993 Arc heroine Urban Sea, who died after foaling him in March last year, the colt is the subject of much anticipation, especially as he is also a half-brother to the top-flight winners Galileo, Black Sam Bellamy and My Typhoon in addition to Sea The Stars.
"He is a nice type, very correct with a good walk," said Pat Downes, manager of Gilltown Stud, yesterday. "He's a laid back colt though he's not doing much - he's out in the day and comes in at night.
"You would pick him out as an Invincible Spirit as he's quite precocious looking. Cape Cross and Invincible Spirit are both by Green Desert but they are quite different, and you can see Invincible Spirit in this colt.
"He has another month to go before he is broken and joins John Oxx. John has seen him and likes him."

Back