Urban Sea- Dead

Pretty eye catching debut from Wonder Of Wonders in a fast finishing second - looks a fine scopey filly for next year too.

Pretty eye catching debut from Wonder Of Wonders in a fast finishing second - looks a fine scopey filly for next year too.

Eyecatching indeed. 'Tenderly handled' too. The one worry I would have is that she was allowed to drift to 9-1. I know they often drift first time out but she was absolutely friendless to an extent that would worry me.

Halfway To Heaven came second on her debut in the same race the year before, and she did OK subsequently. I think they would have expected Wonder of Wonders to hate the ground, being out of Kingmambo. Given that, she did very well to make up so much ground in the straight.

Maybe temperment did get the better of her, but hype talked her up in all her races when she never ever had the form to entitle her to be the prices she was. A dream horse for me, the kind that are vastly overrated and make the market on others.

Maybe temperment did get the better of her, but hype talked her up in all her races when she never ever had the form to entitle her to be the prices she was. A dream horse for me, the kind that are vastly overrated and make the market on others.

Irish Guineas 3rd – 20/1
Epsom Oaks 3rd – 8/1

Then ran stinkers in the Irish Oaks and Pretty Polly.

The Irish Guineas was like a listed race this year and they all ended up in a heap.

.....and so the family goes on - Wading (Impressive at Newmarket today) is out of Cherry Hinton - a daughter of Urban Sea. What an incredible line.

Last edited:
.....and so the family goes on - Wading (Impressive at Newmarket today) is out of Cherry Hinton - a daughter of Urban Sea. What an incredible line.

Think I posted this somewhere else but the maiden she won at Dundalk will be one of best maidens run in Europe this year. There were some absolute peaches in the race - murphy's Invincible Spirit filly that finished third is an absolute beaut!!

Back