Well Chief

AC, I got this yesterday (eventually) as I'm sure others did but if the Vino is still going I'll take it -Urban Sea ;)

Song I'd love to talk about mares and learn from your great experience.That stood the last time you where here but you prefered to try and make fun of me. That's History, so feel free to talk about mares now and I'll do my best to keep up.:)

No great experience here, I'm afraid Sheikh but will be glad to engage in some lively debate with you - plenty to learn on both sides, I'd guess.

Me too - I miss the mare and breeding debates on here. Let's bring them back! I need to learn plenty. :p

Also where is the wise and benevolent Venusian? Have not seen him posting lately.

And on that note, the breeding of Well Chief was what first attracted me to him.

Last edited:
I can join in a mare thread too - Im the perfect example of how not to do things - but I cant find this elusive mare thread either....

and iM not going to make any comments about vets !!!

This has been a most excellent thread! I have laughed till my sides split on the sheer quality of the posting. And if I hadn't had the heads up, I wouldn't have read it - was too busy on the "Gaylie" thread to notice.

From Sporting Life:

David Pipe believes Well Chief could be the horse to trouble Master Minded in the Seasons Holidays Queen Mother Champion Chase should the old warrior return to his best.
The Cheltenham event on March 11 will provide the 10-year-old with the opportunity to make his first racecourse appearance since April 2007, when he finished third behind Monet's Garden at Aintree.
Well Chief has raced against the likes of top two-mile chasers Azertyuiop and Moscow Flyer, and he finished runner-up to the latter in the 2005 Champion Chase.
He is rated a 20-1 chance with William Hill to dethrone 1-2 favourite Master Minded on his second comeback from injury.
Pipe said: "His owner saw him canter on Wednesday morning and he is on the road back.
"He has a big hill to climb but we are getting there - he is cantering and swimming.
"He will be OK until we give him any fast work and has been living in the swimming pool.
"I don't see any reason why he won't retain his ability but it is his second try back from injury.
"He is in very good form and is one of the best I am ever likely to get hold of.
"There are two big ifs, but if we get him back and if he retains his ability, then he could be the one to give Master Minded something to think about."

Back