Welsh National

They said GC went wrong on tv but nothing looked obviously broken. Fingers crossed its nothing too serious

Victor Dartnall said afterwards Giles Cross just got tired, which is understandable after a long time off. The stable won the bumper, though, so they'll be happy with their day.

Paul Carberry produced one of his specials today. It was a remarkable performance by the horse as well, given he doesn't jump and merely scrambles over his fences.

I'm hoping the after effect of the virus just caused him to empty at the end of the race; didn't look as if he had the momentum to get over the fence. Fingers crossed.

"Great ride - was Jamie Moore claimed by his dad to ride at Sandown or jocked off?"

Claimed by his father, Carberry didn't get the call until Thursday.

Poor Jamie Moore must be gutted . Cannot quite see why Joshua could not have ridden the other Gary Moore runners as well as the one that won !

The yard think the world of Monbeg Dude - very cheap buy after that Nenagh win too. Would be delighted if he goes in for Scu .
Cheaply bought Welsh Grand National winners and the Scudamores go together.
Grandfather Ml won WGN in 1956 on Creola; a winner of Duhallow Hunt Cup P2P bought at Cahirmee Horse fair for £100 off my late uncle.
The horse also won The Dudley Cup at Larkhill.
Difference is he led all the way! The next all the way winner was Run And Skip ridden by Peter Scu. Carberry is just different class with those hold up rides; the horse didnt know he had a race, let alone a 3m6f grueller.

Apologies to Teaforthree backers but seeing Carberry creep near the finish is always a highlight of a days racing.

Worry not, Slim - if that's the worst-value 7/2 shot I ever bet; then I'll die with a smile on my face.:)

Piggott was doing on the Flat what Carberry does many years ago - whilst having the strength of a McCoy and the clock in the head of Cauthen.

Ive just had an email from corals reminding me to have a bet on the welsh national :blink: . I'd hate to disappoint them - who on earth shall I back??? ;) :lol:

Back