What are you backing Today? Part 2

338 NC I dont know if it's trying or running to get its mark lowered but Devils angel 18/1 (took 20s) to find out.
Also backed Asadjumeria 11/1.as a saver.
Devils beat Asadjumeria but is 8lb worse off but he did it nicely.
Very costly when down the field in the bronze cup and Asadjumeria has run unplaced since and got dropped another 2 lbs.

Wednesday night

7.00 Kempton-Wild Side

Is better than debut run suggested...currently 15-2 with four places [888 Sport]

I'm giving a good shout to Princess Shabnam in the 7.15 at Wolves tomorrow night.

She is a really improved horse this year who couldn't mix it up in a competative group race the last day, but beat the admirable Gale Force Maya the time before, which is very good form, and as Princess Shabnam handles the all weather, (won a class 3 handicap at Chelmsford earlier this year), she can be forgiven for that last effort. If anything, it'll ensure she goes off a backable price tomorrow.

Last edited:
Letterston Lady won the bumper very convincingly at Newton Abbot last time and Sean Bowen struggled to pull her up afterwards. She had won earlier at Worcester in similar fashion and I can’t wait to see how she takes to hurdles. And this is it today - 3:10 Worcester - mainly looking to see how she gets on, but I’ll have a little nibble 2/1 atm.

Letterston Lady won the bumper very convincingly at Newton Abbot last time and Sean Bowen struggled to pull her up afterwards. She had won earlier at Worcester in similar fashion and I can’t wait to see how she takes to hurdles. And this is it today - 3:10 Worcester - mainly looking to see how she gets on, but I’ll have a little nibble 2/1 atm.

Won very nicely. I think there’s more to come

This didnt register with me earlier but I've just realised.i heard Sean Bowen say on tv that when it got beat it was by a decent horse and that horse was TWINJETS who runs at Cheltenham on friday.
LLwas a 4 yr old then and twinjets 5 and gave LL 20lb and a 6L beating.
Interesting to see what price it is.

Saturday, Cheltenham 2.05 - Neville's Cross 12/1, 4 places - on a nice curve, will like the ground and negatives against the favourites for me.

Backed a couple tomorrow. At Cheltenham Onagatheringstorm was an expensive follow last year after his good second here behind Sporting John but he's had a wind op and is stepped down in trip. That will do.

At Donny Knight of Honour has been a bit poor recently as well but his run behind Hamaki on soft at Haydock looks good in the context of this race tomorrow which is over the same trip and it looks like there will be cut also. I think 13/2 is very reasonable.

A couple for tomorrow:

2.10 - Sole Pretender 8/1 - has doubled in price through the day, which is a concern, but should really be disputing favouritism on the ratings.

2.45 - Lord Snootie 50/1 - see Longshot thread.

Sligo 4.45 Ballyglass Beauty

Has good form and is progressive. Can go very close here.

Last edited:
Back