What are you backing Today? Part 2

Who says no one uses and abuses forums anymore?

Reading this place today made me realise how well this place is doing.

Long may it continue.

Yes, I think it’s easily the best around and the thing that really shines out is the respect people show to each other. The only problem is that there are so many good judges on here that you could finish up backing half the card!

As one that regularly attended the monthly meetings at Cheltenham for many years I'm missing some of the buzz but still find that additional excitement and enjoyment that is simply not present at other meetings. I feel part of it even though now watching on TV.
Yesterday every bet lost, not a great start, but back today expecting to win a fortune due to my superior knowledge. Or maybe not!

Have backed old friends Hollow Ginge, Knights Salute and Dad's Lad (like the horse and cheering on forumites' connections)and a couple in the Pertemps- Silver Sheen and Kansas City Chief. SS won a decent pot for me once but has cost me far more for being a plot that regularly failed for some reason or other whilst KCS became a regular provider of betting funds for me, often at a good price and I enjoy the way he races/is ridden .

Whatever I love this time of year.

As one that regularly attended the monthly meetings at Cheltenham for many years I'm missing some of the buzz but still find that additional excitement and enjoyment that is simply not present at other meetings. I feel part of it even though now watching on TV.
Yesterday every bet lost, not a great start, but back today expecting to win a fortune due to my superior knowledge. Or maybe not!

Have backed old friends Hollow Ginge, Knights Salute and Dad's Lad (like the horse and cheering on forumites' connections)and a couple in the Pertemps- Silver Sheen and Kansas City Chief. SS won a decent pot for me once but has cost me far more for being a plot that regularly failed for some reason or other whilst KCS became a regular provider of betting funds for me, often at a good price and I enjoy the way he races/is ridden .

Whatever I love this time of year.

Yea sporting bet on Silver Sheen for me aswell. Good luck.

I’ve had a very rare ew treble on the next three Lucinda Russell favourites at Kelso. Her horses are running out of their skins at the moment. Just watch her 8/1 runner get placed: the one I missed out!

The Newbury and Donny cards look very tricky with the deep ground. Small interest in Lone Eagle in the St Simon via an ew trix with the two I fancied yesterday.

Words cannot describle how much I hate Meade. I thought a ******* Irish Derby second was a solid addition to an ew trixie. A useless **** who shouldn't be allowed a license.

Hmm, chances are nobody will agree but I thought Knight Salute was weighing them up there. It will be interesting to see where he goes next. Greatwood?

Great run for Effernock Fizz. I thought I had it for a while but the winner was always getting there and they drew clear. I wonder how the handicapper will react.

The mare trying and that's all I'll ever ask.

I’ve had a very rare ew treble on the next three Lucinda Russell favourites at Kelso. Her horses are running out of their skins at the moment. Just watch her 8/1 runner get placed: the one I missed out!

I made 10 pence profit but ended up not daring to watch the races. Don’t think I’ll be doing that again!

Strong Leader Cheltenham 5:00, 11/4 atm - only the one bumper at Warwick to his name which he won with an eye catching burst of speed to put the race to bed before easing to the line. He had so much left that Adrian Heskin couldn’t pull him up for ages.

Good run to second, but no coconut. I think we’ll see him over hurdles now.

Last edited:
Monday

Redcar 3.40 Fame and Acclaim ran a really nice race behind a winning horse Euro tipped up last week called Al Mubhir at Haydock. That was a real return to some decent form and Fame And Acclaim's mark is very workable. He should like the ground too.

Ayr 3.15 Nells Son did really well for Nicky Richards over hurdles as a juvenille last season and looks the type who could progress further over fences. This novice chase should be well within his compass.

Win double these two on Monday.

Last edited:
Al Qareem 2.50 Long.
Improving 3yo, won GP2 this track lto, handles distance & ground. RM travels to renew partnership.
13/2 365

Last edited:
If Hitman is the King George horse Nicholls says, he should be winning this fit or not

Not sure I agree, DJ. Even fit and trying there's no guarantee he's the best-handicapped runner in the race at this stage of the season.

I'm not sure either that I'd take Nicholls's early-season remarks about his horses at face value.

Obviously, if you [and he] are correct then the horse is a serious contender today.

Aintree 1.30 - haven't studied the race but will be watching it so sticking a small interest on Thirtyfourstiches at 14/1 each-way. Some of these claimers have good records for their trainers. Plenty of 1s by its name and it takes a progressive sort to rack them up.

Last edited:
I've taken a small win saver (14/1) on Ga Law. He was a 150 novice when last seen so should have gone on to be a 160 second-season chaser but he's been dropped 8lbs for his absence. Could be chucked in and sometimes first time up after a long absence is the time to catch them, I think.

Last edited:
GA LAW
Jamie Snowden
A half-brother to 6 winners including Val De Law, who was placed in a Grade 1 for us a couple of years ago. Ga Law won on hurdling debut in France before arriving with us. After giving him time to acclimatise, he hit the ground running in novice chases as we utilised his generous 4-year-old weight for age allowance. He won three novices on the bounce, including the Grade 2 Rising Stars Novice Chase at Wincanton. He subsequently was placed in the Grade 1 Henry VIII Chase, and the Grade 2 Pendil, but picked up an injury prior to the Aintree Festival 2021. He subsequently missed last season, but has come back bigger and stronger this time around. He has done plenty of work, but will undoubtedly come on for this run having been off the track for over 600 days, but he is in good form, and he looks on a good mark from which to be competitive.

Hitman just doesnt want to win. Reminds me of that pig that always turned up At Cheltenham and got chinned in the 3m chases.

Single farm payment

Last edited:
Could write that race script for Hitman. Backed him when drifted to 5.1 on the machine just before the off and put a partial IR lay in at 3.5 (matched when Millers Bank came down).

Back