What are you backing Today? Part 2

Warning Sign in the Ascot opener. This horse has come up plenty on here since his eye catching run in the Spring Mile on deep ground last year. Conditions should suit today, let's hope he's off.

I also like Go Daddy in the Murless Stakes. Has some nice form abroad this season as well as a decent effort again Al Aasy in the Geoff Freer. The Melrose winner is respected natch but 7/2 in a race like this is bettable.

There's money for Rumstar tomorrow at Ascot. I suppose the shorter straight 5F will suit, as he faded late last time. I thought he didn't like soft ground though. Why he's moved from 16s to 8s, I don't know. Maybe he is not so ground dependant after all. I suppose I need to stick with him for the yankee tomorrow.

I'm also taking a chance on Twelfth Knight in the last at Redcar. I'm not sure what has happend to this horse, but I still feel he'll pop up and bite me on the arse at a big price when I'm not expecting it. What the hell, eh.

When Wonder Legend first switched to turf he looked something special Things had not gone to plan and only had a couple of runs before they decided to geld him

He ran his best race since in September after another long lay off. Today could be his day Southwell 6.15 9/2

There's money for Rumstar tomorrow at Ascot. I suppose the shorter straight 5F will suit, as he faded late last time. I thought he didn't like soft ground though. Why he's moved from 16s to 8s, I don't know. Maybe he is not so ground dependant after all. I suppose I need to stick with him for the yankee tomorrow.

I'm also taking a chance on Twelfth Knight in the last at Redcar. I'm not sure what has happened to this horse, but I still feel he'll pop up and bite me on the arse at a big price when I'm not expecting it. What the hell, eh.
It may have shortened and he is one of mine to follow but I've thought that soft ground is not really his thing. Twelfth Night, too, has been in the notebook since spring and, as you write, he'll pop up some day but it's all guesswork isn't it.

It may have shortened and he is one of mine to follow but I've thought that soft ground is not really his thing. Twelfth Night, too, has been in the notebook since spring and, as you write, he'll pop up some day but it's all guesswork isn't it.
Indeed. A wise man who used to post on here once said, "some guess, others know."

I'm just a guesser.

Few I've done ante-post that I've sort of lost confidence in because of draws/drifts/ground:

Purosangue 3.00 Ascot. Didn't like the front of the market here thinking the ground would be too soft for Jarraaf and not soft enough for English Oak over the trip. He's drifting though and possibly not drawn well.

Cicero's Gift Daniel Wildenstein. I don't think the ground will be soft enough for this one might get placed on ew at 12s.

Akkadian Thunder 3.35 Ascot. Being backed but the high draw worries me. He was so eye-catching last time out and again, hoping he might spunk a place.

Last edited:
Job done with Rummy. Boom boom. A good start to the day. Glad I kept the faith. I have done United Approach aswell BTW. See how it goes.

Last edited:
Back