What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've gone with Secret Hint at the same price. She was much better than the bare result last time out when she raced in isolation for much of the race at Goodwood before her jockey took her across the track, finishing well to grab fourth. Imo she'd have won nicely with a better draw and although she's 4lbs wrong today that isn't as much of an issue as it could have been.

Bugger! :)
Good shout Euro, though I hope you haven't passed your seconditis on.

phew..possibly lucky winner with the second curling up a bit..but it won;)

hope you didn't watch it Viking..you'd have filled em

Unfortunately busy at work but managed to get some 11/8 this morning so happy enough [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not posted on this thread in a while so hoping I go well fresh!

15:15 Newmarket - Ocean Tempest @ 33/1
Not really seeing why this horse is the price he is. Ran well to win a handicap after meeting some trouble in running on his penultimate outing at Chester at the end of last month and was only beaten 1 3/4 lengths by Captain Cat (7/2 here) at Haydock earlier this month. The favourite is 4lbs better off for that but Ocean Tempest will have the ground to suit, stays further, is capable of winning off a mark of 115 (only Outstrip and Tullius are rated in excess of that here). Negatives are he has a tendency to throw in a shocker every now and then but having won 3 times already this year including twice at listed level he could make the step up here though any rain in the Newmarket area would be greatly appreciated!

Martin

Backed Mange All for the Cambridgeshire but he was balloted out. Not so keen on him for the compensation race though at 7/2.

Another tracker horse runs in the last. Moshe looks well handicapped but unfortunately his trainer decided to run him in a maiden after his slightly unlucky second to Fractal at Leicester at the start of the month. He pissed said race and that has ruined his price today.

No bets then.

penglai pavilium

Plenty of negatives for the rest of the field
Gelded, stable flying, top rated on best form

Race named godolphin :lol:

Not posted on this thread in a while so hoping I go well fresh!

Not really seeing why this horse is the price he is. Ran well to win a handicap after meeting some trouble in running on his penultimate outing at Chester at the end of last month and was only beaten 1 3/4 lengths by Captain Cat (7/2 here) at Haydock earlier this month. The favourite is 4lbs better off for that but Ocean Tempest will have the ground to suit, stays further, is capable of winning off a mark of 115 (only Outstrip and Tullius are rated in excess of that here). Negatives are he has a tendency to throw in a shocker every now and then but having won 3 times already this year including twice at listed level he could make the step up here though any rain in the Newmarket area would be greatly appreciated!

Martin

its Good/Firm ground here Martin

Martin

Wasn't really asked a serious question at any point. Big drifter last night. I'm just wondering what end of season target it might have or maybe being prepped for a repeat in the Lincoln?

Unoriginal, but I thought Cambridgeshire for Cornrow as he crossed the line at Ascot, and nothing I've seen since changes that point of view. Bound to find a fair few pounds on what was clearly an inadequate trip, and has the ideal draw and ground for a horse that races on the pace.
Took 8/1 before Air Pilot came out, and amazed he's still the same price this morning.

Love this race. Respect the Gosden market leader but unlike Pipedreamer this fella hasn't run over a trip yet. Bred to like it though.

I've gone with Gabrial's Kaka who has been crying out for further than a mile all season. No he isn't that well handicapped but the place terms are excellent and 25/28s is simply too big. Also backed Bronze Angel who is on a winning mark again now he has a 5lb claimer on.

Tigers Tale is my fancy in the Cambridgeshire. Won a valuable race at Kempton three weeks ago.
Coming here in top form, was 3rd in the Silver Cambridgeshire last year...form figures at Newmarket are 4232. He likes to be up there on the pace so I should get a good run for my money.

Last edited:
Adam's Ale to gain compensation for unlucky defeat LTO in the last at Ripon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nafaqa was a massive eye catcher at Royal Ascot in the Chesham and has gone unbeaten since, albeit not that impressively. He did beat Toocoolforschool though last time out and i've been through his opponents videos and they look like a bunch of slow old boats.

Nafaqa looks like one of those lazy horses who only ever does enough and is my other big bet today. Doubled him up with Terror to small stakes just in case its a very good saturday.

A couple of E/W's for the day

Runner Runner in the first at HQ, is way overpriced IMO 25-1

& the ex trained O'Brien horse now with Nicholls, Indian Chief 80-1 in the Cambridge, not alot of positives to go on, but I am one for new connections fto, been gelded since, a long way for Nicholls to bring & only runner at Newmarket today 1/4 odds 5 places at 365 good enough for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back