What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
cheers

4.10 Ayr

think Red Forever has been lined up for this since it ran 2nd here 2 runs ago..this horses doesn't go well at Chester and seems to prefer a flattish track..so last 2 runs have been tick over races at courses not suited to..today looks the day

8.6 taken

There is one running tonight that i've got about a stone well in on figures..but its badly drawn..and the sort of price i usually get stung at..should win easy but it wouldn't surprise me if it were slow away if you know what i mean. 8.20 race..its 2.2 at the moment so i'm happy just to watch it win given the draw..its got loads in hand but i've seen this before..lose at evens then romp home next time..i can afford to watch i think

There is one running tonight that i've got about a stone well in on figures..but its badly drawn..and the sort of price i usually get stung at..should win easy but it wouldn't surprise me if it were slow away if you know what i mean. 8.20 race..its 2.2 at the moment so i'm happy just to watch it win given the draw..its got loads in hand but i've seen this before..lose at evens then romp home next time..i can afford to watch i think

2.2 looking very big now EC. I know what you mean though. a loser at the price is hard to take, but I've backed Teide Peak, loading the place part. A loser at that price I can handle.

That's why I'm poor.

Solar Impulse looks good at NA today in receipt of more than a stone from his main rival. 6-4 taken.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If Colour Squadron is going to win a race all season then surely he won't get much better opportunities than today given that the penalty structure plays right into his hoofs.

If he can't win this in receipt of the weight then he'll struggle in conditions races all season and would need some respite from the handicapper to pick up one of those.

Lack of McCoy clearly a loss but it's interesting that he was prepared to do 10st 8lb in the first place.

York. 5.10.. Showboating.

Was 18/1 best this morning, but felt it was a drifter and let it ride, with just £8 matched on the exchange.
I still think it will drift as it really needs to be around the 20 mark.
String of poor runs, but conditions to suit and although well beaten over a trip too far last time at Newmarket, he did at least show a lot more speed from the start. I don't know to what volume, but he did trade as low as 2.4 in that race.
A repeat of that start over what appears his best trip, should hopefully put him in the mix.
Competitive race and I couldn't name the best of the O'Meara runners and stable form not great, but I do feel a decent run is on the cards, with a decent break at the start.

Last edited:
Gone for Noble Silk under Frankie Dettori in tomorrows Ceserewitch.

I like the profile.... big improver this season, from Lucy Wadham's jumps yard so probably more likely to stay in that sense (extended trip would appear to suit him).
Ran two cracking races in The Plate and at Goodwood in which Noble Silk was barely raised by the handicapper.

He has beaten Nearly Caught, (who is around half the price tomorrow at 14's) 2 lengths when receiving 9 pound.
Nearly Caught is 4 or 5 pound better off tomorrow, but I still think you'd be misguided to overlook Noble Silk.
I'm definitely putting a line thought that last run at Chester. He was ridden more prominently and it didn't work out.
He has dwelt a few times at the start of his races, a big field should very well wake him up! :)

Last edited:
Top Tug (3.10 Nm) beat Cloudscape (Gp3 placed twice since) comfortably, with the rest of the field beaten pointless.
Hasn't run since May and has 10lb rise to contend with, but that he runs in this valuable prize and over a trip he's crying out for, suggests he means serious business. Been available at bigger, but still a solid bet at the current 8/1.

Mubaraza is overpriced in the Ces at 40/1.

Good form earlier in the season and I'm always willing to forgive one poor run, especially after a lay off.

Not much science to this punt but Alan King's record with juveniles and and Bachelor's hall's write up on him is enough for me to have a have small bet on Karezak in Chepstow's 2.00.

Good shout suny, Talmada ran well. Sticking it all on Bonds Girl in the 2.55. With the Godolphin horse out I really fancy this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back