What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not much science to this punt but Alan King's record with juveniles and and Bachelor's hall's write up on him is enough for me to have a have small bet on Karezak in Chepstow's 2.00.
Well spotted, well done to you both :)

Top Tug (3.10 Nm) beat Cloudscape (Gp3 placed twice since) comfortably, with the rest of the field beaten pointless.
Hasn't run since May and has 10lb rise to contend with, but that he runs in this valuable prize and over a trip he's crying out for, suggests he means serious business. Been available at bigger, but still a solid bet at the current 8/1.

A rare poor ride from Ryan Moore - hope he can redeem himself on Nearly Caught in the next.

Pleased to report Marble's mum backed the winner of the Ceserewitch £5 e/w @ 10's ha. :)

Last edited:
yep, unbelievable "race" at Chepstow, jocks must be feeling ridiculous !

On another note, Richie Kingscote has been hauling half a chance horses over the line lately, won me a tidy sum last night with a AW double 7/1 & 12/1. I'm backing him with a patent today on his half a chance rides Percy Alleline, Elusivity and Pack Leader - the longer priced ones blinkered or visored for first time.

Some decent racing at uttox this afternoon and like the favs in the novice races, so will be backing the relatively short priced double:

2.30 Battle Born (top bumper form & stable in excellent form) & 3.30 Carningli (virtually the same comments!)

I've taken Ifwecan for Mark Johnston in the 7:30. Solid form in the book. I think he could be hard to catch especially if its jockey can dictate things from up front.
Oakbank is well weighted in the last, a reproduction of last run plus a wee bit more should be enough.
GL with yours now EC1 in the 7:00

Last edited:
I've taken Ifwecan for Mark Johnston in the 7:30. Solid form in the book. I think he could be hard to catch especially if its jockey can dictate things from up front.
Oakbank is well weighted in the last, a reproduction of last run plus a wee bit more should be enough.
GL with yours now EC1 in the 7:00

aye..GL with yours..i'm starting to despair with some of the rides here tbh...he got caught napping there ..gave winner a lot of lengths before he realised what were happening..couldn't pull them back off what looked not too hard a pace. Its no use now being amongst horses here turning in..you have to angle out on the bend..even if you come wide you can still beat horses on the inner there..it seems very easy to lose races here compared to the old surface.

Last edited:
Reckon Coolmore were surprised by the speed shown by Smuggler's Cove at Dundalk, and he's re-routed here from the RP Trophy as a consequence,
Neither his action or his pedigree suggest soft ground should be a problem, and I'll take him to overturn what's probably an iffy favourite anyway.

Last edited:
+1 here on Smugglers Cove. Was very impressed lto at Dundalk.

I'm also having a decent bet on Thomas Crapper 5/1 Ladbrokes in the 2:40 at Cheltenham.
Granted the trip is a little shorter than ideal, but he has won twice over 2m in his novice hurdle campaign.
His course form at Cheltenham is simply top drawer including 2nd at the festival in the Martin Pipe.
He Obviously loves the track and has won first time out the last 2 seasons on his October reappearance.
Has always looked like a chaser to me and I expect more to come over fences.

Saturday 18-10-14 - What the trainers say
Cheltenham
2.00 Vivaldi Collonges - "He showed a clean pair of heels to his rivals to win a 3m hcp hurde by 8L. Ithink there will be more to come from him when he returns in the autumn."

3.10 Calipto - "We have a choice of engagements for him during the autumn. He might go back to France in November or he might run in the Elite hurdle at Wincanton. I think he will be suited by a step up in trip. There will be some good prizes to be won with him in the coming months."

3.45 Le Bec - "He has enjoyed a really good summer break and looks a picture now. On his day when everything goes right for him, he is an aeroplane. I think he really wants a flat galloping track on proper good ground to play to his strengths. He might run in the Hennessy and we will also look for some suitable openings in Conditions races."

3.45 Golden Chieftain - "Last season he had a couple of issues including throwing a splint and then becoming very sick. We tested him for everything but nothing showed up. However, he was very ill and I d mean very sick for over a month. He did manage to run on four occasions and to be fair to him, under the circumstances he ran well at times. We have given him a good summer break and he is now looking much better in himself and is bucking and kicking. It wont be long before he qualifies for those veteran chases."

4.25 Ulzana's Raid - "He is from the family of Bensalem. He is not flashy, just tough and genuine. I will probably give him another outing over hurdles and then decide when he will go over fences."

4.25 Foxcub – “He is probably best suited by ground with some cut. I think he has the ability to win again off his current mark, but it is likely to be hard work for him over hurdles this season.” Finished 2nd at 12/1 a couple of weeks ago.

4.25 Andy Kelly - "This is a horse that has special needs, in that he has to be sedated to have shoes put on. He is though a very talented individual with a serious amount of ability on the racecourse having won on two of his six starts and placed three times. He will remain over hurdles and I will probably run him over three miles.

5.00 Gentleman Jon - "He is a big lad, who won his maiden hurdle. He will now go novice chasing when he returns in the autumn. I will be disappointed if he does not improve again this season."

5.30 How About It - "Possibly my favourite young horse in the yard, I just love him. He is a lovely stamp with a great pedigree, who was formerly trained by Edna Bolger. The plan is to run him over hurdles. I'm hopeful he will have a bright future and improve with experience."

Kelso
2.10 I Need Gold - "Considering he was definitely weak last season he did well to run so consistently during his five outings over hurdles. He will now go novice chasing over three miles and actually looks a bit better in his general appearance this time round. He can win more races."

2.45 Carrigeen Lantana - "She won an Irish Point-to-Point and the way she jumped and travelled was impressive. She should have a bright future over hurdles."

3.20 Beeves - "His form tailed off last season and he has now dropped to a workable mark. In the long term I might train him for a tilt at the Scottish National."

I have the gaff to myself this afternoon, and have had the following Canadian haymaker to keep me amused:

Vivaldi Collonges
John's Spirit
Ballyglasheen
Le Bec
Ulzana's Raid

Last edited:
Not a bad effort there Grass

I was a solid 0/4 from my lucky 15 :o

Last edited:
Ruby heads to Cork for 2 rides today one of them being Michael Hourigan's The Crafty Butcher in the 4.00

The geldings record in chases so far reads 21 and Walsh's record on him being 021

Rubys performances since he came back from injury also being a plus, 7/2 will do for me.

I'm going along with Ruby but with Bosman Rule at anything better than evens.

His jumping was a bit novicey in his first 2 runs over timber but no doubt they'll have been working on that and with Ruby taking over he's a very confident selection.

Ruby heads to Cork for 2 rides today one of them being Michael Hourigan's The Crafty Butcher in the 4.00

The geldings record in chases so far reads 21 and Walsh's record on him being 021

Rubys performances since he came back from injury also being a plus, 7/2 will do for me.

Join you in that one, Fonz.
He's been very picky with his rides since his comeback, and is 2/3 for outside stables - the only loser running a cracker in a 50k race.

Backed the bugger each way, Only just got home to find out about the blasted N/R.

3.45 Ludlow Area Fifty One - 100+ rated on the flat, will come on for his last run and the main opposition is reverting from chasing which I'm never a fan of
5.00 Carlisle Urban Hymn - Chasing's always been the plan and hopefully will turn out to be one of the Norths best
Singles & a double

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back