What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You do realise that Champagne West isn't trained by Henderson? Every chance therefore that you'll spontaneously-combost even if it does go in, so I win regardless. :)

:lol:

Last edited:
Puffin Billy is the perfect example of an Oliver Sherwood training master-class.

Win a couple of poorly contested/soft novice hurdles, get the horse handicapped way beyond it's capabilities, and spend the next two years watching it get hammered out-of-sight. Try fences, and when that doesn't work, drop it quietly back into a handicap hurdle, in the hope that:

a) the race cuts-up horribly, or
b) It's able to win from a mark just 7lbs lower that the one the handicapper was compelled to give it, due to the idiotic way in which it was campaigned two years previously.

Now.......need I say any more?

No.

Grass..have you seen that THE SAINT JAMES runs in the 12.40 at Sandown?..finished in front of your pick LTO..if you are right then TSJ should be a cert in that race you would think.

The Solerina is an interesting race..my figures are

141 Lyrical Theatre
139 Morning Run
136 Baie Des Isles
135 Carrigmorna Rock
130 Rock On The Moor

might do a forecast ...LT + your pick BDI

I agree that Irish Saint is an absolute good thing today. He shaped like the winner all the way when beaten over 2m here by VV.
The trip was just too short that day. Today's trip is perfect for Irish Saint and he looks the quickest jumper of these comfortably imo.
I think both Champagne West and SOG would be better suited to the Cheltenham test and I'd give them much better chance there. However, at Sandown today with the 7 fences down the back, I firmly believe Irish Saints jumping wins this for him. Also, I would not be surprised if Irish Saint skips Cheltenham and is 100% primed for today, whereas CW and SOG are both firmly targeted at the festival. Big bet for me and have also had a double with Heath Hunter 11/4 Ffos Las 3:10.

Last edited:
make of it what you will gentlemen .............I have just had mail for ARCHBALD THORBURN in Lingfields 2.20

the key to Irish Saint appears to be going right handed..form when doing so reads 1101131..left handed 23f36

will do for me in interesting race indeed

Lucky 15 today
Archibald thorburn (ling)
Imperial Leader
Amidon (San)
City to beat Chelsea
Plus a decent EW punt on Imperial Leader

Grass..have you seen that THE SAINT JAMES runs in the 12.40 at Sandown?..finished in front of your pick LTO..if you are right then TSJ should be a cert in that race you would think.

The Solerina is an interesting race..my figures are

141 Lyrical Theatre
139 Morning Run
136 Baie Des Isles
135 Carrigmorna Rock
130 Rock On The Moor

might do a forecast ...LT + your pick BDI

pity morning run spoiled that one:)

cheers Ricko+SJ...i checked beforehand..Spencer not on:D

patience rewarded with this one

that race still irking me from yesterday..it was 92lb slow overall..virtually nil speed figure...and he still sat out the back..no pace judgement at all that man..they were virtually walking early

never mind..back on track today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back