What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Favourite Girl was clearly beaten turning for home but was still easy to lay around 2/1 so I did ok.

Having an EW bet on each of Simpson selection to round the night off.

1pt win on Candesta 3pt place 12 and 3 taken

Last edited:
Don't know what on earth Shelley Birkett was doing stuck on the inside behind a fading horse, gave the horse no chance imo!

Gassin Golf is a horse I have followed blindly over hurdles-he has excellent form in the book in addition to a frustrating amount of placed efforts-the fact that he is a third season novice tells it's own story.However I think he should simply outclass today's opposition.Richard Johnson riding and good market support are positives and I honestly think he is a penalty kick today.

Tries again at Newbury today. Will he ever win one?!

I'm still on Phillips Hobbs watch after his two winners today. :)

Good to see Gassin Golf win, well spotted Benny. :)

Last edited:
Nice Benny :)

There are so many reasons to oppose Petite Rose tomorrow, not least the trainer's form but it's not often you get chance to back a horse that hacked up in the race a year ago at 4/1 off the same mark, with a near impeccable course record to boot.

I've clearly seen what I want to see but she's won 8 races in her career and 4 of them were in March, 5 if you count her win on 29th Feb.

Favourite course, favourite month, last year's winner. 4/1. Why not.

Nice Benny :)

There are so many reasons to oppose Petite Rose tomorrow, not least the trainer's form but it's not often you get chance to back a horse that hacked up in the race a year ago at 4/1 off the same mark, with a near impeccable course record to boot.

I've clearly seen what I want to see but she's won 8 races in her career and 4 of them were in March, 5 if you count her win on 29th Feb.

Favourite course, favourite month, last year's winner. 4/1. Why not.

Good luck, Lee - though I'll take her on with Rebel Rebellion.
In the form of his life at the moment, and only raised 1lb for his recent 2nd - even though the winner now races of 19lb higher. Shouldn't have a problem with the drying ground and though he's dropping back in trip, he and a few other prominent racers should ensure a decent pace.

Last edited:
O Maonlai being rated 137 is the laugh of the year IMO

The ease with which he won at Newbury last time was something to behold.

O Maonlai was traveling so well in behind you could almost feel the power, every stride being restricted by Paddy Brennan

This race is nothing special and I reckon this horse might be heading to the top

O Maonlai 7.4 taken plus 2.42 place taken

Good luck you two, I think Persian Snow has a major chance in the 2:00 myself, trained by Hobb's too. :)

Last edited:
Four different selections on one race, surely one of us has picked the winner...

This is the Wilson V Reet Hard V Tanlic V Marble show. :)

Last edited:
I'm gonna have a small each way double on Golden Doyen in the Juvenile handicap hurdle and Nick Williams' Queen of the Stage in the mares race. The former carries a welter burden but his form with Top Notch reads very well now and the latter is overpriced. Lizzie gets to take 7lb off

Have to have a few pennies on my namesake in the 4:50 Fontwell today... Course winner over hurdles and will appreciate the better ground for sure. Has previously shown some promise over fences without winning yet in his 4 attempts. 6/1 in an each way double with Ron's Dream 16/1.

Patent To Win
Fentara @ 10/1 (GP)
Win or E/W

14:15 HANDICAP CHASE 3m 2f
Persian Snow @ 8/1 (GP)
Win or E/W
14:00 HANDICAP CHASE 2m 4f Pending

Queen Of The Stage @ 16/1 (GP)
Win or E/W
14:35 NOVICES HURDLE 2m 5f

I did these 3 last night and 2 have shortened

Four different selections on one race, surely one of us has picked the winner...

This is the Wilson V Reet Hard V Tanlic V Marble show. :)

Lol. I was half cut when I posted (and backed) my selection and, to be fair this is as poor as it gets on a Saturday.

At least it looks like I may beat the SP :-)

Good luck all.

Good luck, Lee - though I'll take her on with Rebel Rebellion.
In the form of his life at the moment, and only raised 1lb for his recent 2nd - even though the winner now races of 19lb higher. Shouldn't have a problem with the drying ground and though he's dropping back in trip, he and a few other prominent racers should ensure a decent pace.
Handsome is as handsome does, well done!

I'll take her on with Rebel Rebellion.
Excellent call !
Well done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back