What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been against favs all day at Chelts (history n stats) - bloodbath for me 1st day. Have Bonds Gift on the watch for list like a few, only fav I backed today - sort of rounded off the day

Save My Bacon (19-40 Chelmsford) - eyecatcher 2 runs back, backed it LTO saved my bacon that night and was really impressive, didn't break a sweat and one that definately seemed to love the surface there. Biggest dangers are all new to a surface that's caught a few out

Sorry about the lateness on that - only just looked at AW tonight and spotted that one str8 away - had to work a bit harder this time and fought off the typically stout dalgleish horse (brought a long way down for this !), up class n a cpl of lbs glad I just got on meself

One I've been waiting for is On Tour.

He couldn't have picked a tougher race to reappear in but the bigger the field the bigger the certainty they say.

2 miles was never his trip but he ran an excellent race under the circumstances in the Betfair.

Despite being out of his comfort zone from a long way out and being under pressure, due to the ground and the trip being too short, he cut through horses like a knife through butter
and emerge from the pack at the 2nd last.

By that time he was pretty goosed and the bird had flown and he looked knackered to be frank.............lost 4 places after the 2nd last and finished 8th.

Today is a totally different ball game. The pace overall will be a bit slower, the ground and trip more in his favour and he's had plenty time to recover.

I can't see him not running a big race and he's grossly over priced on the machine.

ON TOUR 20 taken and I will back him to be in the first 5 later making sure I am in profit if he is placed.

If BG happens to win the Triumph I'll back On Tour again

Unlucky EC, will win when it gets a decent pace. Will probably be overbet now though as an unlucky loser!

bet you forgot Anniversaire Benny..was going to put it up again..but then thought no ones that bothered about the AW...mugs game an all

Last edited:

ANNIVERSAIRE can win dropped back to 8.6f..is a 60 horse on that run behind naval..win + place done 11.4..2.74

Well called EC1, must be near a 60 horse now!
Know what you mean about no one being interested on the AW, 2 of the horses i've put up recently won today but most folk only interested in Cheltenham this week!

bet you forgot Anniversaire Benny..was going to put it up again..but then thought no ones that bothered about the AW...mugs game an all

If I'd looked at the card I'd have remembered, but it'd be sacrilege to look at the wolves card on gold cup day.

Cracking week though so can't complain.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Venetia's Hada Men can take the 4.05 at Carisle today.
R-F with Warren Greatrex's Aloomomo.

Great ride on the first one Archie....too many jockeys not using the best horse in the race's ability to get away from the rags and give them no chance to get into the race. Never will undertand why they sit there like Lester Piggot for 9/10 of the race only to make a mistake or get done buy a horse they could have disposed off by 3 or 4 out.

That's why I refuse to back odds on in most races.....they all think they're riding Hurricane Fly

Good stuff Archie, Should've followed you in, Was a punters graveyard at Carlisle today.

Taunton 4:20 - The Happy Warrior E/W 16/1. In 6 previous runs at the track has never been out of the places and won twice.
After a few average Chase efforts, he was back over hurdles LTO and Pulled Up. Been dropped 3lbs for that.
Now back to his last winning mark over hurdles and his favourite track with conditions to suit today. 8 runners so lovely E/W bet.

Just Sixty (2:10 Exeter) finished behind a promising horse the last day from the Hobb's stable.
With all this talk of our posters needing geriatric wards I thought it was right that we make a bold statement together and back JUST SIXTY.

Only kidding....3/1 is fair enough though.

Last edited:
Honeyball up to his tricks in the last at Exeter. Horace Hazel. Hcap mark made over 2m races - stepped straight up to almost 3m. 3/1 avail.

Just Sixty (2:10 Exeter) finished behind a promising horse the last day from the Hobb's stable.
With all this talk of our posters needing geriatric wards I thought it was right that we make a bold statement together and back JUST SIXTY.

Only kidding....3/1 is fair enough though.
There's a nasty looking gamble on Quebec going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back